This is our official list of the best wall mounted heaters on the market today. Scroll further down for full details on each product and to learn more about the value wall mounted heaters can bring to a home.
- Stiebel Eltron CK 15E 120-Volt 1500-Watts Wall Mounted Electric Heater
- Amaze-Heater 250SS+HG Electric Wall Mounted Space Heater
- VonHaus 450W Wall Mounted Electric Flat Panel Heater
- Amaze Heaters Wall Mounted Electric Heater
- PuraFlame Remote Control Portable & Wall Mounted Fireplace Heater
We know time is of the essence, so the above is a cheat sheet of what’s ahead, just in case your’re in a hurry. Otherwise, keep scrolling down for more detailed and constructive info on each item.
5 Highest Reviewed Wall Mounted Heaters & Fireplaces
There may come a time where a home or a particular room isn’t insulated well. Or, someone can be in the market to cut their heating costs. In either case, a wall mounted heater comes in handy. It’s a convenient, cost-effective method of giving a room some heating up help. After scouring the Internet, we have come with five of the best wall mounted heaters on the market today.
Wall heaters come in four types: radiant, convection, electric, and micathermic. For this article, however, we only focus on electric heaters. Most produce heat through a motorized fan, but some go for a quieter method with electric coils and reflective back panel for more radiant heat. One feature to look at is whether or not it has a built-in thermostat. It’s a feature that allows for more customized temperature control. One can be purchased separately if a heater doesn’t already have one.
This type of heater has a number of benefits, the two most obvious ones being that they save space and energy. The limited coverage can be a downside, but when placed strategically in the right room, a wall heater can provide relief. Reviews of our top five best ones are below.
The Stiebel Eltron Heater will work best in small places that need quick heating (e.g. bathroom, hallways, laundry rooms). It has a unique, sleek design that allows it to fit over certain outdated heaters as well as adding to the décor of the room. The downdraft design also makes the unit ideal for eliminating cold floors. On the other hand, some of the wiring is exposed at the top due to the design.
This unit operates rather quietly for an electric heater, and it has a built-in thermostat to give users further control of temperature settings. If you want to conserve more energy, the unit can run at its lowest settings, ‘frost prevention’, which keeps the room just above freezing.
- Has a downdraft design that helps warm up cold floors
- Operates relatively quiet
- Built-in thermostat to give more control to users
- Installation is not exactly simple as users have to open the unit to wire it
This easy-to-install Amaze-Heater is optimal for heating 100 sq. ft. rooms. The features found on the heat guard makes it one of the safest heaters. Surface temperature is reduced thanks to the heat guard, so there shouldn’t be much worry about accidental burns.
With the dual convection on the heat guard, the efficiency of heat distribution is doubled so rooms heat up faster. An added bonus to the heat guard is that it can be decorated with the likes of stencil art, paint, etc. Users can feel free to personalize as they wish to add some more flair to the room.
- Heat guard reduces surface temperature while doubling the efficiency of heat distribution
- Warms up a small room quickly
- Ability to personalize the heat guard
- Can emit a strong odor that may or may not go away after a few weeks
The VonHaus Wall Mounted Electric Heater has an ultra slim design of only 3/8-in. thick. This lets it sit closer to the wall as to not obstruct anything else in the room. With a low wattage, it is both economical and eco-friendly. It warms up fast, and it also has an overheat protection. For added safety, the heater is cool to the touch, so it can easily be installed in a kids’ room.
For those with an interest in décor, the VonHaus has a paintable ceramic body. Users will not have to sacrifice placement for interior decorations as the heater can easily be painted to match any wall. It does not come with a thermostat, however, so one will have to be purchased separately for temperature control.
- An eco-friendly and economical choice
- Slim design so that it doesn’t protrude from the wall
- Paintable ceramic body gives a touch of personalization
- Lacks a thermostat, so if you don’t purchase a separate one, you have to turn the unit on/off to maintain consistent temperatures
This electric wall mounted heater comes triple insulated. The 250W units can have protruded wings, an optional feature that allows for installation in bathrooms under the towel rack. That installation can turn the heater into a towel warmer as well. It has no built-in thermostat though to control temperature.
The heater can save up to 70% on heating costs, and the heat reflector that sticks to the wall behind the panel helps lessen any heat loss to the wall. Amaze heater also lacks a fan, a feature that can be ideal for those who want no noise and want to reduce any allergens or dust from circulating throughout the room.
- Is cost-efficient as it can greatly aid in reducing the price of heating
- Lack of a fan means that the unit is quiet and cannot circulate any allergens or dust
- Heat reflector shield heightens the efficiency of the unit while lessening heat loss to the wall
- Can sometimes heat up too much, and touching it may sting
The PuraFlame can be wall mounted or sit on a table, and it comes with a remote control. It can heat up to 400 sq. ft. with a temperature range of 60ºF to 84ºF. It has an adjustable thermostat and an automatic turn off/turn on system to adhere to current room temperature. The timer is set to last between 0.5 to 9 hours.
In addition to heating the room, the PuraFlame provides an ambiance with its realistic fire-like features and LED-backlit that alternates between several colors. The flame has three levels of brightness to cycle through, and can be used with or without heat.
- Adjustable thermostat allows you to have greater temperature control
- Automatic shut on/shut off timer can save on energy costs
- Realistic fire-like appearance adds to the décor of any room
- It can sometimes take a while to heat up a room
Wall mounted heaters can be a convenient, energy and heat-saving way to warm up a room. The five listed above are some of the well-reviewed, popular models on the market today. They are, by no means, the only type of wall heaters, but they should hopefully lead anyone interested in them in the right direction.
Ashtead Plant Hire Co Ltd (A-Plant). (2016). A Guide to Wall Heaters and Radiators. Heaters UK: UK’s No1 for Heaters.
Air & Water. (2017). How to Install Wall Heaters. Air & Water: The Portable Appliance Experts.