This is our official list of the best vintage coffee mugs on the market today. Scroll further down for full details on each product and make your selection from one of five awesomeness filled vintage coffee mugs.
- Coffee Slut Mug by Trixie & Milo
- Moonwind Vintage Unique Hand-Painted Coffee Cup
- World Map Vintage Coffee Cup
- Fine Aroma Coffee Mug by Retro Planet
- Culturenik’s Rosie the Riveter Iconic Coffee Cup
We know time is of the essence, so the above is a cheat sheet of what’s ahead, just in case you’re in a hurry. Otherwise, keep scrolling down for more detailed and constructive info on each item.
5 Highest Reviewed Vintage Coffee Cups & Mugs to Gift Somebody
It’s 5 a.m., your alarm is blaring in your ear, and you want to pull the covers up over your head and pretend that you do not hear it. But, you do hear it, and you reluctantly sit up. You give your arms a good stretch as a familiar aroma reaches your nose from the kitchen with the promise of a hot cup of joe; thank goodness for coffee makers with timers. Now all that is left to do is to decide which one of your vintage coffee mugs will be the lucky vessel to deliver your morning jolt of caffeine.
Favorite Cup or Change It Up?
Of the 62 percent of Americans over the age of 18 who drink coffee daily, some prefer to drink out of the same cup day after day, and others like to change it up with a different cup each day. Your choice of cup may be to match your mood, your surroundings, or your visiting guests. Fortunately, there is a tremendous variety of styles, materials, shapes, and images on vintage mugs from which to choose.
Cup Collector or Energetic Enthusiast?
If you are a vintage mug enthusiast, you may find delight in collecting vintage cups as a hobby. Once you have declared to friends and family that you are a collector, you will find that gift-giving holidays will add to your collection quite quickly. You are sure to receive a kaleidoscope of interesting vintage cups; perhaps even one of the following 5 of the best vintage coffee mugs.
Declare your need for caffeine with this comical Coffee Slut mug. This vintage cup can hold 12 ounces of your favorite drink. Whether you are right or left-handed, the double-sided print proudly displays your desire for coffee to the world.
The smaller size of this mug makes it convenient for use in the microwave and saving space in the dishwasher. This vintage retro-designed coffee mug is the perfect gift for the co-worker, family member, or collector that appreciates nostalgia with a bit of humor.
- Wrap around image is bold and colorful and can be seen from either side of the mug.
- This mug and the design are dishwasher and microwave safe.
- The smaller size of this cup may be beneficial to those trying to limit or reduce their caffeine intake.
- People with larger hands and those with the desire for a large cup of coffee may be disappointed in the small size (3 inches wide x 3 inches tall x 3 inches deep) of this mug.
Impress your coffee circle or finicky guests with this vintage hand-painted ceramic flower coffee cup. Each cup is decorated with a simple but delicate flower design on a 3.54-inch diameter wide by 5.9-inch high base that will hold 15.22 ounces of your favorite tea, coffee, cocoa, or any other beverage of your choice. Made from high temperature fired ceramics, this mug is naturally resistant to scratching.
- Each of these mugs is hand-painted, which makes each one unique and no two are exactly alike.
- This mug has a “half heart” shaped handle that is easy to grip and lift.
- This particular vintage mug is available in a choice of four colors and different patterns; flower no leaf blue, flower no leaf yellow, flower with leaf blue, and flower with leaf yellow.
- These mugs are shipped from China, which may affect the delivery times; if this mug is purchased as a gift, this factor must be taken into account.
Take a trip around the world every morning with this attractive 11 ounce World Map Antique Vintage Old Style Mug. This C-style handled mug is made from naturally thermal friendly porcelain that will keep beverages hot longer than a plastic cup.
The map design on this vintage mug makes it a perfect gift for a number of people including travelers, map enthusiasts, historians, teachers, and more.
- This mug design is sturdy and strong with a large “C” style handle.
- The image on this mug is incredibly detailed and does not wash off or fade.
- Because of the larger size of this mug (5.6 inches wide x 5.2 inches high x 5.2 inches deep), coffee fanatics can enjoy more java in each cup than other traditional cups.
- Weighing a full pound, this mug is slightly heavier than most other coffee cups.
Flashback to the good old days of coffee shops and roadside diners with this 10 oz. vintage retro-designed mug. Sporting the slogan, “Coffee Hits The Spot,” every sip from this 4.75-inch wide x 3.75-inch high x 3-inch deep cup is a reminder of the days gone by.
Collectors interested in this style of the mug will be happy to learn that this particular cup is only part of the “Retro Planet Collection.”
- This mug has the image printing done in the United States.
- This coffee mug is both microwaveable and dishwasher safe.
- Although made from ceramics, this mug only weighs 12.8 ounces.
- The interior of this mug is a light color and may be subject to staining; prompt cleaning after use should keep this issue to a minimum.
Start your day with a hot cup of coffee sporting the inspirational words from Rosie the Riveter, “We Can Do It!” This traditional C-handle style coffee mug will hold 11 ounces of hot or cold beverages. Made of quality porcelain, this mug will hold your beverage at your desired temperature down to the last drop.
- You can use this mug in the microwave to warm drinks.
- The image is imprinted on the mug and will not wash off when cleaning.
- This iconic mug is an excellent gift idea for any hard working woman.
- The mug image is not as crisp and sharp as it could possibly be.
Nothing gets your heart pumping and your feet moving in the morning like a stiff dose of coffee from a vintage coffee mug. Whether you are an avid collector, casual drinker, or searching for that unique gift, these vintage design mugs are a great choice.
There are many different designs, sizes, and styles of vintage mugs available for you to choose from including these five best vintage coffee mugs.