This is our official list in search of the best vacuum cleaners on the market today. We have considered various needs in putting this selection together, from bagless vacuums to bagged ones, from corded to cordless, upright to canister vacuums, and even composed a list of the best handheld Dirt Devil vacuums. Cleaning your house, car, furniture, persistent pet hair, all gets much easier with the right tools; let’s take a look at them below.
Check out our extensive selection of the top vacuums from varying categories and for various needs!
- Hoover Platinum Collection
- Oreck Insight Vacuum
- Oreck Commercial XL2100RH
- Hoover T-Series WindTunnel
- Oreck LW100 Magnesium SP (LW100)
- Dyson 206900-01 Ball
- BISSELL CleanView
- Hoover WindTunnel T-Series
- Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro
- Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik
- Dyson V6 Animal
- Hoover Linx BH50010
- Shark Rotator Freestyle Pro
- Eufy HomeVac
- Anker HomeVac Duo 2-in-1
- BISSELL Zing
- Dirt Devil Tattoo Crimson Bouquet
- Advance Euroclean GD930 Canister Vacuum
- Eureka Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum
- Electrolux JetMaxx
- Black+Decker BDH2000PL MAX
- Dyson V6 Trigger
- Shark Cordless Vacuum
- Holife Handheld Cordless Vacuum
- BLACK + DECKER CHV1410L
- Dirt Devil Scorpion Quick Flip
- Dirt Devil Ultra
- RoyRoyal Appliance M0105
- The Hand Vac 2.0
- Dirt Devil BD10315B
Bagged upright vacuums offer excellent cleaning power and many come with convenient features. The best bagged upright vacuum must offer excellent cleaning power with a combination of efficient air filtering and the right extra features. Bagged uprights tend to filter allergens better than other models making them a top choice among those with allergies. The bags in this type of vacuum don’t have to be changed as often as dump canister models which can also help to prevent allergens from entering the air in your home. Some even have bags that seal themselves before removal.
Before making a purchase, be sure to check what features the vacuum includes as these extras can make the difference between a vacuum that gets the job done and one that you love. Extra features may include a dirt sensor light, retractable cord, HEPA filter, additional cleaning tools, and headlights. You’ll need to decide if any of these features are absolutely necessary for you. Pet owners may want to find a vacuum with strong suction and a good beater brush as well as turbo or turbine tools that give you extra cleaning power for pet hair and dander.
Other options to keep in mind are cord length and weight of the vacuum. If you have low upper body strength, a lightweight vacuum is going to be easier to push. Or, if you have a large open floor plan, a long cord is a smart option so that you don’t have to change the plug frequently. We have narrowed down the choices to vacuums with a good balance of features and power.
The Platinum is not only an excellent upright vacuum it also comes with a separate canister vacuum (can be purchase without canister vacuum). This provides extra options when cleaning stairs or other places where an upright may be difficult to use and operate. The Platinum uses
Windtunnel Technology that is exclusive to Hoover. This technology, when used in combination with the direct airflow design, removes dirt in less time, which means you’ll cut down on your cleaning time. A HEPA filter is included to keep out extra dust and allergens. All controls are on the handle for easy access with one hand.
- Uses self-sealing HEPA bags
- Handle lowers to the floor to get underneath furniture
- Portable canister can be included
- Weighs less than 12 pounds
- No hose or cleaning accessories available for upright, only the canister vacuum
The Insight is a basic bagged upright but it has exceptional suction and cleaning power. It doesn’t come with a lot of accessories but what it does do is clean well. There are two speeds for adjustment on different flooring types.
Low speed can be used on bare floors while high speed can be used on carpeted surfaces. A low-profile design allows it to easily vacuum underneath furniture. At only 9 pounds, it is lightweight and easy to carry throughout the house. This also helps to prevent fatigue during long cleaning sessions.
The inner bag includes a HEPA filter to keep out allergens. Small brushes along the sides allow you to reach baseboards and other tight spaces so that dust and dirt don’t collect at the periphery of your home.
- 30-foot cord length
- Automatically seals dirt in the bag
- Lightweight design
- No hose or extra cleaning tools included
The XL2100 has serious power and suction with helix brushes that turn at 6,500 RPMs. The angle of the brushes moves debris toward the highest point of suction. As a commercial grade vacuum, the XL2100 is sturdy and strong but also manages to be fairly lightweight.
Despite its sturdy construction, it weighs only 8.2 pounds, making it an excellent choice for those with low upper body strength. The handle has an easy access on/off button while also being approved for use by those with Arthritis. The top fill bag design is easy to remove, replace, and helps keep dirt and debris inside the bag where it belongs.
- 35-foot cord length
- Side edge brushes
- Lightweight design and ergonomic handle
- Low profile helps it reach underneath furniture
- No hose or extra cleaning tools included
Hoover is a well-known and trusted vacuum manufacturer. The T-Series has some great features that make it convenient to use, such as a 12-foot deluxe stretch hose. This gives extra distance when cleaning stairs or furniture.
With a HEPA filter system, the bag in the T-Series can be changed without touching the bag using a one touch bag release. This also helps keep dust and dirt in the bag and out of your house while throwing it away.
If you have a home with several different surfaces to vacuum such as hardwood and different carpet pile lengths, the T-Series has a five carpet height adjustment feature to meet those needs. The 30-foot power cord gives you extra distance so you don’t need to unplug as often.
- Pet upholstery tool
- Easy belt and brush change and access system
- On/off brush roll for hardwood floors
- Bag check indicator light
- Some report it being too noisy
The LW100 has a sleek modern design that sets it apart in aesthetic appeal. But, it not only looks high tech, it has the features to back the innovative design. For example, it has side brushes that allow it to reach floors right up against baseboards where dust bunnies and debris like to collect.
A HEPA filter on the inner bag helps to keep allergens contained. While a Saniseal system automatically locks dirt and dust inside the bag for easy removal and cleaning. Weighing only 7.7 pounds, the LW100 is lightweight to prevent fatigue.
- Large wheels for improved maneuverability
- Two suction speeds for easy transition to different kinds of flooring
- Lies virtually flat to reach underneath furniture
- Seven year limited warranty and three yearly tune ups included with purchase
- Some plastic pieces feel flimsy
Vacuums are a home necessity in modern day cleaning. Many brands offer a variety of unique types such as Dyson rotating “ball” design and Dirt Devil’s commonly used handheld cleaner. But, the most used vacuums in today’s market are bagless upright vacuums.
Most are built from plastic or a light metal blend and contain a custom vacuum unit with removal filter that collects all of the dirt and debris found on the floor. A great question is, why does anyone need bagless vacuum cleaners? It’s all about modernization and keeping your home clean.
Vacuum cleaners with bags tended to leak out dust and were a poor misrepresentation of what vacuum cleaners could be. In today’s modern world, bagless vacuums contain filtration units that help sift some debris that might have clogged older versions and also help keep the dirt in the machine until you dump it. A much simpler and more effective way to clean a home. These are the best bagless upright vacuum cleaners available for purchase today.
The best bagless upright vacuum on the market today is the Dyson 206900-01 Ball. Dyson is renowned for their innovative technology and excellent customer satisfaction rating, so you can expect their products to be very high quality. The Dyson 206900-01 Ball is no exception.
This vacuum provides incredibly strong suction power on both carpets and hardwood floors. The head also features self-adjusting technology. This makes it easy to shift between different floor surfaces. With its unique head shape, this vacuum can easily be maneuvered with just the turn of a wrist, even into the most hard-to-reach of places.
The HEPA filtration system traps allergens and bacteria making the home safer and cleaner. This also makes emptying the machine safe and easy. Simply push the button to release the dirt into the trash can.
- Excellent suction power
- Easy to steer
- Cleaning is simple
- Filtration great for those with allergies
The BISSELL CleanView makes cleaning your home easier than ever before. This vacuum is ultra lightweight, weighing less than 16 pounds. It also features OnePass Technology, which is unique to the BISSELL brand.
This technology provides stronger suction and a unique brush design to give its users a cleaner surface after just one pass. Its powerful suction comes from the cyclonic system in the center of this device. This vacuum will truly make the home a cleaner place to be. It has a washable foam filter that collects bacteria and allergens.
The CleanView also has a large capacity dirt tank that can be emptied with just the push of a button. Not to worry should anything happen to your vacuum cleaner, BISSELL includes a two year limited warranty.
- Best value for the money
- Superior sucking power
- Two year warranty
- Does not work as well on hardwood or tile floors
Though it is on the cheaper side of the spectrum compared to the other vacuums on this list, the Hoover Vacuum Cleaner WindTunnel T-Series is a force to be reckoned with. It provides a ton of suction power in an ultra lightweight body, weighing a mere 16 pounds. Its low weight makes it much easier to navigate and transport up and down stairs.
Hoover also uses their exclusive WindTunnel technology. It lifts and removes dirt and debris from deep down inside your carpet. Customize the clean with the unique 5 position carpet height adjustment dial. It goes from high for deep, thick carpets to low for hardwood and tile floors. It also features a number of special attachment tools.
There is the stretch hose which can extend up to eight feet for those high up places. There is also the air-powered turbo tool which can be used for cleaning furniture and stairs. The dusting brush is ideal for curtains while the crevice tool is perfect for cleaning those hard to reach places.
- Super lightweight
- Helpful additional attachments
- High powered suction
- Adjustable bristle height
The Shark navigator vacuum is made from extremely durable materials making it last for years. It sports a 2 in 1 feature allowing it to detach and reach taller objects a standard vacuum couldn’t with lift away. It can seamlessly pick up larger debris and dust off any floor with its hardwood floor detachment and microfiber pads.
The filter inside is modernized to provide Anti-allergen complete seal technology, locking away 99.9% of all dust and allergens, making it the perfect cleaning tool. This vacuum is also very lightweight and portable at a mere 13.7 pounds.
- 2 in 1 vacuum
- Weighs under 14 pounds
- Traps nearly 100% of dust and allergens
- Lift away feature to reach higher objects
The Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaner comes in a multitude of colors with an affordable price tag for any household. With a lightweight feel and smooth rolling wheels, it is perfect for elder and younger consumers.
It also sports a detachable vacuum stick for harder to reach spots. Not to mention its 1.25 amp motor, it is the perfect budget friendly vacuum for any room.
- Comes in a variety of colors
- Hand vacuum can detach
- 16 foot long power cord
- 1.25 amp motor
While not as despised as cleaning toilets or scrubbing tile grout, vacuuming still falls on most people’s list of chores they would rather skip. Although tedious at times, vacuums do provide an efficient way of thoroughly cleaning hardwood floors and carpets from dust, allergens, and debris.
The first motorized vacuum, invented in England in 1901, was noisy, bulky, and smelly as were other vacuums invented in the following years. Fortunately, vacuum cleaners have evolved a great deal since then. Current technology offers a variety of convenient, easy-to-use features that make vacuuming far less of a hassle.
One of the most notable updates to vacuum cleaners is the invention of the cordless vacuum which eliminates the inconvenience and restriction of dragging around a long, tangled cord. Read on to learn about five of the top options for a cordless upright vacuum.
The first cordless upright vacuum to make the list is the Dyson V6 Animal. Featuring higher brush power and up to 20 minutes of continuous suctioning, the Dyson is a powerful option for achieving clean, dust-free surroundings.
With its center of gravity focused near the grip, the Dyson V6 animal offers easy cleaning from floor to ceiling. It also features a detachable wand for effortless handheld cleaning. The Dyson also claims to have higher overall performance than most corded, full-size vacuums.
- Includes a mini motorized tool with stiff nylon bristles for removing ground-in dirt and pet hair
- Instant release trigger
- Direct-drive cleaner head forces bristles deep into the carpet for a thorough clean
- Features a battery life of around 20 to 30 minutes
- The Dyson V6 animal is the most expensive vacuum on the list
Featuring the highest number of overall reviews on the list, the Hoover Linx BH50010 is clearly a popular option among cordless upright vacuums. The Hoover Linx features a versatile, sleek design and boasts the title of being the only stick vacuum with Hoover wind tunnel technology and cyclonic filtration.
The vacuum also features a wide cleaning path along with a bottom-release cup for easy, mess-free disposal of contents. In addition, the Hoover Linx also provides an extreme recline handle for easily reaching far under couches and furniture.
- Low profile base allows the user to easily clean under couches, tables, and other furniture
- Fuel gauge displays remaining battery life
- Hoover is an iconic, trusted, and well-known brand in the vacuum market
- Intuitive power controls conveniently placed on the handle
- A small number of users report issues with the battery failing after a year or so.
With thousands of positive reviews, the Shark Rotator Freestyle Pro easily earns a spot on the list of top cordless vacuums. Powerful LED headlights on the nozzle allow users to easily spot hidden debris.
This shark upright cordless vacuum can stay constantly charging without ruining the battery (due to its precision charger), unlike most cordless vacuums. The extremely light, easy to maneuver design allows for fast, powerful, portable, effective cleaning.
- Users report a long lasting battery life, around 2 hours – longer than any other vacuum featured on the list
- Powerful, versatile, and lightweight – only 7.5 lbs
- 2 speed brush roll specifically designed for both carpets and bare floors
- Extra large, easy to empty dust cup allows for uninterrupted cleaning
- Some users desire more color options
The Eufy HomeVac features powerful suction along with a large battery that offers almost an hour of cleaning between charges. Specially designed centrifugal forces spin dust away from the motor in order to prevent clogging and provide consistent, powerful suction.
An effective HEPA filter traps allergens such as dust mites, mold spores, and pet dander to ensure clean, healthy air. The Eufy HomeVac also features bright LED lights to illuminate its pathway and reveal dirt.
- 15 month warranty
- Large capacity, easy to empty dust holder
- Extremely lightweight design – only 5.5 pounds
- Users report it works well on both carpets and bare floors
- The Eufy HomeVac is reported to be loud
The Anker HomeVac Duo 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner rounds out the list of the top 5 cordless upright vacuums. The HomeVac utilizes an advanced cyclonic system that sorts large and small dust particles.
The low maintenance vacuum, created for both hardwood floors and carpets, features a highly maneuverable design and an impressive HEPA filter to trap microscopic allergens. A powerful centrifugal system forces air away from the motor to keep it clean and unclogged.
- Most affordable option on the list
- Sleek, appealing design and an 18 month warranty
- Lightweight design – slightly over 6 lbs
- Users report decent battery life – around a half an hour on full power mode and up to a full hour on eco-mode
- Some users complain of lack of availability of replacement parts such as filters
If you’re going to buy a new vacuum, there are two main factors you need to consider before setting out to shop for one. The vacuums currently on the market today are either an upright or canister. You most likely need to consider which is better suited to your needs. The second main factor to consider is whether a bag less or bagged vacuum is better suited to your needs.
The Advantages of Canister Vacuums
Let’s begin by considering the advantages of the canister type vacuum. Since there are no limitations on the size of the engine, canister vacuums are generally more powerful than uprights. Being more powerful provides stronger suction and a better flow-rate making cleaning faster and easier.
Canister vacuums are more maneuverable than uprights. For example, cleaning stairs or places that are hard to reach such as under or behind furniture is easier with a canister since you don’t need to move the whole vacuum and only need to move the wand.
If what you want in a vacuum is powerful suction that does a good job cleaning any surface, easy maneuverability, loaded with features and a price that you can easily afford, the lightweight Bissel Zing canister vacuum is just what you are looking for. This best seller on Amazon is rated with 4.3 stars out of 5 stars.
- It only takes the flip of a switch for this vacuum to go from cleaning hard floors to carpet.
- The features which add to its convenience when using this vacuum include an automatic cord rewind, full bag indicator, telescoping wand and variable suction control.
- It is a great vacuum for cleaning on the go due to its lightweight and being compact.
- This vacuum doesn’t have an attachment for cleaning carpet or a beater bar.
The Fantasy Tattoo Canister may look small and cute, but don’t underestimate its power. Even though it is lightweight, it provides you with a powerful clean and a machine that is easy to use. This vacuum is especially suited to being used in first apartments or dorm rooms. Its accessories including a crevice tool and dusting brush provide everything you need to get the job done. This vacuum is rated with 4.3 stars out of 5 by Amazon customers.
The features that add to the convenience of using the Fantasy Tattoo Canister include a 20 foot cord, automatic cord rewind, extension wand, bag full indicator, 10 amps motor and 11 inch nozzle.
- Both primary and secondary filters are replaceable and rinseable and include a HEPA filter.
- Its reach above the floor is 11 feet providing the ability to vacuum stairs and under furniture as well.
- Weighing only 9.2 pounds and having a standard grip handle makes it easy to carry.
- Comes with a 1 year warranty.
- The canister bags are small and the small size would necessitate replacing them often.
According to Tru Tech Tools, of all the HEPA vacuum cleaners Euroclean machines are the choice of professionals. Their clever design is one of the most stable and rugged machines on the market today.
This vacuum model is what you need for large projects that require deep power suction, high capacity, a low noise level, cleaning that is super-extractive, great portability and light weight.
Features that add to the efficiency of this vacuum are a HEPA motor filter, 6 ft. hose, telescopic wand, combo floor nozzle, crevice tool and combo brush and small nozzle. High filtration dust bags and an air-driven beater bar are options available for purchase.
- Recommended for controlling and capturing lead dust by OSHA and HUD.
- The bags of this vacuum have a large, four gallon capacity that requires fewer bag replacements.
- The low noise level makes it a good vacuum for both residential and commercial use.
- A three year limited factory warranty for parts and a one year warranty for labor are included.
- The price is somewhat high. Unless it will last you for years, it is a lot to pay for a vacuum.
Back in 1982, the Eureka Mighty Mite was introduced to accolades of fans. Time added to the enthusiasm by naming it to be one of the year’s best product designs. Thirty years have gone by, and the Mighty Mite is still surviving.
Weighing only nine pounds, it’s hard to believe that it is made of thick, hard plastic. Even though its hose and wand are thinner that those of years past, its feel is still very substantial.
- This vacuum is designed to be used on hardwood floors and short carpets. The suction of this vacuum had as good a performance as vacuums whose price was five times as much.
- The Mighty Mite’s bag system is rather simple, but it works well. Both installing and removing the bag are easy. By sealing shut for disposal, it prevents the release of dust into the air.
- You can vacuum hard to reach areas using the included dusting brush, crevice tool and upholstery nozzle.
The extra-long hose reach makes it possible to remove dirt from surfaces such as stairs or under furniture.
- This machine is not quiet since it makes a loud high-pitched whine when the motor is running.
The Electrolux JetMaxx bagged canister vacuum is both a high speed and performance vacuum. This vacuum features two motors. One high speed motor is in the canister and the second is in its power nozzle.
The canister motor creates its main suction whereas the motor in the power nozzle provides deep cleaning of your carpet. This vacuum is rated with 3.9 stars out of 5 by Amazon customers.
This vacuum comes with a huge number of features that are designed to make this vacuum easy to use and maintain. For instance, there is an adjustment on the canister for high and low speed, the cord rewinds automatically, the power head is self-propelled, and adjustment to carpet height is automatic. This vacuum is rated with 4 out of 5 stars by Amazon customers.
- The setting for the brushroll off allows you to use the power nozzle on hard-surfaces such as tile or wood as well as on rugs and carpets.
- For great results on hard-surfaces, there is also a hard-surface floor brush with horse hair bristles.
- The dust containment of this vacuum is superior due to its HEPA filter and large S-Bag.
- The S-Bag is a bit smaller than other vacuums necessitating replacing the bag more often.
At best, vacuuming can be considered a necessary chore. Cordless handheld vacuums help consumers keep on top of household cleaning without dragging out a full-size appliance. A cordless handheld vacuum can reach places a full-size one can’t like moldings, baseboards, and cabinet tops making them a versatile choice. Because of their portability, they are ideal for cleaning car interiors and RVs.
They offer lightweight power in a compact size and most come with attachments. They are a smart option when home space is at a premium and run on a charged battery that’s powered from a central base that either sits flat or is wall mounted. Another edge that handhelds hold is that they are not that expensive compared to a full-size appliance, and they generally use less energy. This is true even when choosing a high-end vac.
If you need a reliable cordless handheld vacuum, you’ll discover we’ve made your task a little easier. Below we’ve listed the top five of these vacuums on the market today. Note that all models use what is termed “cyclonic action,” a process that suctions dirt and dust into the vacuum in a swirling motion.
A compact size and an excellent price point makes this appliance our top choice for the best cordless handheld vacuum. At under $100 dollars, it has a 20-volt lithium-ion battery for quick charging and suction power that doesn’t fade. It comes with an attached, retractable brush and a crevice tool for effortless access to these cleaning implements.
The appliance comes equipped with a three-stage filtration system for a clean air exhaust. Its most impressive feature is the unique pivoting nozzle that maneuvers awkward spaces. A removable dirt bowl makes regular cleaning easy and keeps the appliance running smoothly.
- It has a wide mouth design that scoops up and collects large scraps of dirt and grime.
- Its charging cradle can sit freestyle on the floor or it can be mounted on the wall.
- The on-board crevice tool and brush keep these cleaning accessories close at hand.
- It offers superior function at a good price point.
- Regular, necessary cleaning of the unit itself makes it a little high maintenance.
This brand is distinguished by its attention to lightweight, ergonomic design and even weight distribution. It is powered by a digital V6 motor and boasts 15 cyclones arranged in two tiers that pick up finer particles of dirt and dust for up to 20 minutes of continuous operation. Though it provides excellent operation, it does come at a cost. Its price point is roughly two times the cost of other handhelds.
- It has a pistol-like grip that makes it easy to hold.
- A push-button operation makes its bagless bin easy to empty.
- The vac’s max power mode provides a six-minute burst of suction power.
- It picks large debris and small particles of dirt.
- Its power button has to be held down continuously during use.
The Shark hand vac is marketed at pet owners, a group that faces a consistent need for cleaning hair off upholstery and floors. The appliance comes with a removable, wide motorized brush that digs in to take up embedded pet hair and dirt. The brush also works well on car mats and seats. The Shark also has a direct suction option for hard surfaces.
- The vac has an easy-to-clean HEPA filter, which is especially handy for allergy sufferers.
- Its wide motorized brush cleans a larger area in one go.
- It features a rubberized hand grip that makes it easy to hold.
- The detachable brush is easy to keep clean from pet hair.
- Battery does not have a sustaining charge.
This brand is compact and neat making it a sound choice for small homes and automobiles. It has an ergonomic handle that is comfortable to use. The Holife vacuum is also powered by a 14.8V lithium battery for extended use and quick charging.
Like most of the handhelds, it comes with two additional attachments designed for cleaning in corners and other tight spots. The main nozzle includes a small brush that works well on picking up pet hair.
- It can be used on wet and dry spills.
- It has a quiet motor.
- It provides a 30-minute run on a single charge.
- It works well on cleaning up pet hair.
- Attachments are not on board.
Powered by a lithium-ion battery, which provides full suction power that doesn’t fade out as it wears down, the Black and Decker CHV1410L comes with two attached extensions, a crevice tool and a brush.
The fact that they’re on board is a convenience. There’s no misplacement of tools as they are readily at hand. This hand vac doesn’t need bags but instead has a removable, washable dust bowl that’s easily maintained.
- The lithium-ion battery holds a charge for up to 18 months.
- The dirt bowl is clear so it’s easy to see when it needs emptying.
- The Smart Charge technology uses 50 percent less energy.
- The vac is an inexpensive choice.
- Charger base cannot be mounted on a wall.
No matter who you are or who lives with you, chances are that your floors get dirty. From kids to pets to dinner party guests, dirty floors are inevitable. A hand vacuum is a great way to keep up with it all when you don’t have time to pull out a full-sized vacuum.
There are many brands of vacuums to choose from, but, since 1905, a Dirt Devil hand vacuum has consistently rated among the best for its quality and many features that meet the needs of quick, daily cleaning.
Whether you are wanting to clean up pet hair, crushed cereal, sand, or even pebbles and leaves, Dirt Devil has a hand vacuum that will suit your needs as well as your budget. Here are five of their best ones.
The Scorpion Quick Flip is a bagless vacuum with a powerful 7amp motor that’s able to pick up pebbles and sand from several inches away. The dirt is easily disposed by twisting a cap in the base to access the dirt collection cup and replaceable filter. An integrated, Quick Flip crevice tool lets you clean in tight spaces and then easily folds away.
Though it’s a little heavier than other Dirt Devil hand vacuums, it is small enough to store in a cabinet or drawer. Includes a 30-inch hose and dusting brush for more versatility, a 16’ power cord, shoulder strap, and a three-year warranty.
- Powerful 7amp motor to pick up heavier objects.
- Integrated, Quick Flip crevice tool for easy cleaning in tight places.
- Extra-long hose for easier reaching.
- A little heavier than other Dirt Devil vacuums, but still plenty light enough for most users.
The Ultra is a tough, little hand vacuum that packs a lot of power yet weighs less than three pounds. It has a motorized, belted, deep-cleaning brush that operates at 4amps. Two speeds allow you to control the suction power, although some users have commented that the higher speed can be a little loud and occasionally spits dirt out to the side.
A MicroFresh filtration system traps over 99% of dust and allergens in a convenient bag connected by an adapter. A 16’ power cord plus a built-in stretch hose gives you a wide-ranging cleaning radius. Includes a crevice tool, on-board tool storage for other Dirt Devil accessories, built-in bag adapter, and a three-year limited warranty.
- MicroFresh filtration traps 99% of dust and allergens.
- Two speeds let you vary the amount of suction power.
- Built-in stretch hose for hard-to-reach places.
- Might be a bit loud, especially if you have small children nearby.
Dirt Devil thoroughly addressed the problem of pet hair with their Purpose for Pets hand vacuum. With a 20-foot power cord, this vacuum has an amazing 7amp motor that powers a brushroll capable of picking up hair, kitty litter, and even pet food. A clean-air system with a motor guard and HEPA filter is guaranteed to trap 99.97% of the most common allergens it picks up, including pet dander.
Included accessories are a crevice tool, extension wand, dusting brush, a 24-inch flexible hose, and an upholstery tool specifically designed for pet hair. An easy-to-empty dirt collection cup replaces the need for bags. Has a two-year limited warranty.
- Powerful 7amp motor picks up stubborn pet hair plus litter and food.
- A HEPA filter helps to eliminate common allergens to protect your family’s health.
- Contains a five-piece accessory kit including a special upholstery tool.
- At 7.4 pounds, it might be a little heavy for some users.
Still packing a lot of power, the Hand Vac 2.0 is the second generation of Dirt Devil’s original hand vacuum. It has a 20-foot power cord to allow you to reach anywhere in a room without unplugging and a comfort grip handle with easy-to-reach buttons.
The brushroll has a high-speed, turbo air-driven motor working operating with 2 amps, which is plenty capable of picking up normal dirt and hair but might not handle large messes. It has a reusable, quick-rinse filter and a dirt collection cup that opens with the touch of a button for easy emptying. It’s very lightweight (only 2.8 lbs.) and comes with a one-year limited warranty.
- Has a quick-rinse filter that works as well as a HEPA filter.
- The dirt collection cup opens with the press of one button.
- Has a 20’ power cord for an extra-wide cleaning radius.
- Comes with no accessories.
The Dirt Devil Flipout is a great cordless vacuum suitable for light clean-ups around the house or in the car. A 16V lithium battery charges quickly and provides long-lasting, fade-free power.
It’s extremely lightweight, weighing only 2.2 pounds, which makes it easy for literally anyone to use. A compact design plus a handle that folds in four different positions allows for easy storage and use whether it’s on the floor, stairs, couch, or car.
Accessories included are a quick-flip crevice tool, an above-floor dusting tool, and a powered stair/upholstery tool; however, there is no integrated storage. A two-year limited warranty is also included.
- Operates with a 16V lithium battery so you’re not tethered to a wall outlet.
- The handle folds in four different positions so you can reach just about anywhere.
- Not uncomfortably loud.
- The accessories do not lock after being flipped out, making it difficult to use in tight spaces.
Let’s review the above section by section, one final time, before you head out and make your purchase.
Final Say on Upright Vacuums
It’s important to know what features are going to be most important to you. If you need to clean upholstery and other furniture, having a vacuum with a hose and cleaning tools should be on your priority list.
For those with pets, tools intended to pick up extra hair are going to be a must. Once you’ve made a list of needs, you should be able to find the best bagged upright vacuum for you.
Final Say on Bagless Upright Vacuums
Vacuums come in many shapes and sizes, with tons of different features for every model. Using state of the art technology, they provide a deeper and safer clean.
Whether you enjoy a vacuum with tons of features and gimmicks or just a standard model, a bagless upright vacuum is perfect for any household.
Final Say on Cordless Upright Vacuums
All in all, vacuuming can be more enjoyable, easier, and no longer a dreaded chore by choosing a convenient, cordless option like one of the products mentioned above.
Final Say on Bagged Canister Vacuums
Although bagless vacuums have become popular over the past ten years, bagged vacuums do offer advantages that the bag less types do not. Let’s now consider whether a bagged vacuum is most suited to your needs by considering the advantages of bagged vacuums.
If you suffer from allergies, a bagged vacuum is most likely the best one for you. When emptying the bag less vacuum, the dirt and dust will fly out. The dust will certainly aggregate your allergies as it recirculates and floats in the air. On the other hand, the dirt and dust remains trapped in the bag of a bagged vacuum. This clearly a better vacuum for you.
You may think that bag less vacuums are more convenient. However, that simply is not the case. There is hidden work involved when using a bag less vacuum. Their filters need to be periodically replaced and/or cleaned and replacement filters are not easy to find. This type of vacuum also needs to be emptied more often than the bagged vacuum. Cheap replacement bags for a bagged vacuum are rather easy to find, and it is not necessary to replace them as often as it is to empty the bag less vacuum.
Final Say on Cordless Handheld Vacuums
Selecting a vacuum doesn’t have to be a difficult chore if you keep in mind what your needs are. For instance, if allergies are a problem for you or anyone in your family, you can narrow the selection to one of the bagged vacuums which are reviewed here since they have clear advantages for allergy suffers.
Canister vacuums clearly also have many advantages such as making it easy to clean stairs or under furniture. Small jobs such as dorm rooms or apartments can be cleaned easily with canisters as well. Then there’s the price factor. If you can’t afford hundreds of dollars for a vacuum, less expensive models such as #1 and #2 reviewed here might be a good choice for you.
The best cordless handheld vacuum is ultimately a matter of personal choice. These housekeeping gadgets have come a long way over the years. As new technology develops, manufacturers make improvements to fit the needs of today’s informed consumers.
Right now, you can find models that offer versatility, convenience and compact power in one tidy package out there. Nonetheless you should assess your specific cleaning needs before you buy.
- How often will you use the appliance?
- Do you have pets in the household?
- How important are wet/dry capabilities?
- How much do you want to spend?
We hope we’ve provided some guidance well in advance of your purchase so you make an informed choice that’s right for you.
Final Say on Dirt Devil Hand Vacuums
Hand vacuums are the perfect solution for quick clean-ups around your home and car. If you are searching for a solid and reputable hand vacuum, give Dirt Devil top consideration. It does the job with great quality and efficiency. It’s lightweight and portable, has plenty of power to handle everyday messes, yet still small enough to store in a cabinet or mount on a wall. Its great accessories and long run-times make cleaning even simpler.
Plus, several of their vacuums have rugged filters that help clear allergens out of your upholstery or carpet, protecting the health of your family. Try a Dirt Devil hand vacuum and you’ll soon realize what a great appliance it is.