This is our official list in search of the best swimming nose clip on the market today. Scroll further down for full details on each product.
5 Highest Reviewed Swimming Nose Clips to Consider
Swimming is lots of fun, but let’s face it – it sucks not being able to breathe underwater like our fellow sea creatures. To be able to breathe under water requires the use of an oxygen tank, but who uses an oxygen tank in a swimming pool?
Unless you’re planning on exploring the depths of our deep blue oceans, an oxygen tank wouldn’t do much but hinder you from having any real fun in the pool. Now, you may wonder if there are any other ways to breathe underwater besides the use of an oxygen tank. Unfortunately, oxygen tanks are the primary underwater breathing tool.
For some people, the problem isn’t being able to breathe underwater, but is in fact the water itself, because it tends to enter the nostrils, causing them to sting. Luckily, there are nose clips that swimmers use to keep water from entering their noses while swimming or doing other water-based activities.
Nose clips are mostly used by frequent or professional swimmers, although they are a great product for anyone who enjoys swimming but hates when the pool water burns their nostrils. Just like with any other product, choosing the best brand can be a challenge, especially when it’s your first time purchasing, so here are five of the best swimming nose clips available today.
1.) Harmony Smiley’s Nose Plug
This nose plug is unique in more ways than one. Instead of metal, it is made with bendable wire with soft padding for comfort. It is the best swimming nose clip for whitewater kayakers, although it can be used for swimming or other water-based activities. It also comes with a nylon cord that can easily hoop around your helmet strap.
- The frame is made with bendable wire so that you can adjust it to the shape of your nose
- Its cushioned padding is designed so that you can barely feel it
- It comes with a nylon cord that easily loops around helmet straps
- The nylon cord can sometimes get in the way if it is not being used when wearing the nose plug
2.) Speedo Competition Swimming Nose Clip
This nose clip is similar to the Cressi nose clip as far as the design. It is made from stainless steel, with TPR silicone padding for a secure and comfortable fit. Like most of the other mentioned products this one comes with a carrying case for safe traveling and proper care. It is lightweight and waterproof, so it doesn’t weigh down on your nose and keeps water out.
- Its adjustable stainless steel frame allows you to bend it as much or as little as needed to fit the shape of your nose
- Its padding is soft silicone material that is durable and doesn’t snag hair
- Since it is adjustable, it is perfect for both adults and young children
- It is very noticeable by others due to the metal and dark-colored silicone material
3.) Swimming Nose Clips and Earplugs Mega Set by BluPond®
The BluPond nose clips and earplugs mega set include three sets of nose clips, as well as three sets of earplugs for swimming. It has a retail value of $27 dollars. The nose clips are made from non-toxic, allergy free soft silicone material, and they have a special no-slip design for maximum grip.
It also comes with a bonus carrying case for traveling. For a limited time, you can buy three sets of this product the price of one.
- The nose clip has a special design featuring dotted padding so that it doesn’t fall off your face not matter how long it is worn
- It adjusts to almost any sized nose, so it is the best swimming nose clip for adults and children as young as six
- It is made with the same silicone material that is used in medical equipment, so it doesn’t scratch or cause discomfort
- The nose plugs float in water, so they won’t get lost if they slip off
- The ear plugs can get lost easily because they are not connected to one another
4.) Cressi Nose Clip Pack
This nose clip can be used for any water-based activity, especially synchronized swimming, and its small design keeps water from entering your nose without over pinching. IT is made from metal, with two nose pads attached to the ends to provide comfort.
It also comes with a carrying case so that it stays in good shape, and so travelers don’t lose it as easily. This product ranges in price from around $4 dollars, to up to $12 dollars depending on where it is purchased.
- It is extra small and light, so it doesn’t feel heavy on your face
- You can bend or unbend it to fit the shape of your nose, without ruining it
- Rubber pads allow for a firm grip without over pinching or slipping off
- These nose clips are not made for snorkeling or scuba diving
5.) TYR Ergo Swimming Nose Clip
The TYR Ergo Swim Clip is latex free, and comes in a small variety of colors, with clear being it’s cheapest. These nose clips are made from polyurethane, and their design includes hypo-allergenic nose pads.
They are flexible, and can be used by both adults and children. Tyr Ergo nose clips can typically cost between $2 and $4 dollars, depending on where you buy them. This product receives a generally good review, although like all products, it has its downfalls.
- The nosepads are comfortable and durable, and don’t slip off
- The colors allow for easy finding if they do happen to slip off
- Can be used with snorkels or other swimming gear without causing discomfort
- The clear-colored nose clip can be difficult to find in deep waters if it slips off
As much fun as it can be in the water, having to keep caution about it getting in your nose definitely takes away from it. Whatever your preferred water-based activities may be, odds are sooner or later you’ll be in need of a nose plug. Out of these five swimming nose clips, one of them I bound to be a perfect fit for you!