This is our official list in search of the best small ice cream makers on the market today.
Highest Reviewed Compact Ice Cream Making Machines
Almost anyone will agree that one of the most delicious, indulgent desserts is ice cream. Invented hundreds of years ago, ice cream has long been enjoyed as a cooling treat in the summer or a perfect sidekick for cake and brownies.
As delicious as it is, store bought ice cream is loaded with unhealthy ingredients including sky-high sugar levels, hydrogenated oils, preservatives, and additives. Fortunately, companies are producing ice cream machines that are more efficient and user-friendly than ever before allowing users to control ingredients and make healthier, homemade options. Read on to learn more about five of the top ice cream makers to consider adding to your kitchen tools.
First on the list is the top-rated Cuisinart ICE-21 Frozen Yogurt and Ice Cream Maker featuring a large 1.5-quart capacity and an easy lock, transparent lid. It boasts a new paddle that makes frozen desserts in under 20 minutes.
The bowl features a convenient double insulated wall to ensure even freezing and eliminate the need to use ice. The base contains a heavy duty motor built to handle any frozen creation.
- Boasts the highest number of reviews on the list, thousands of which are 5 star ratings
- Large spout for easily adding ingredients without making a mess
- Fully automatic with easy clean up
- When not in use, the cord tucks away neatly and safely into the base for easy storage
- Some users complain the 10lbs is too heavy of a weight for this machine
In terms of choosing a small ice cream maker, an excellent option to consider is the Gourmia GSI170 Automatic Ice Cream, Frozen Yogurt, and Sorbet Maker. With a sleek, innovative design and a 3-pint capacity, the machine is capable of making frozen treats in under a half an hour.
Designed to be quick and easy to use – with no salt or ice required, this ice cream maker does almost all the work and, as a bonus, is fairly quiet when in operation.
- Easy pour spout to minimize messes
- Digital timer to easily monitor churn time and ensure perfect results
- Bonus recipe book included with instructions on making delectable flavors such as black forest chocolate cherry, blueberry cheesecake, and more
- Safe, efficient, and high-quality
- None that stick out
Next on the list is the easy-to-use Donvier Manual Ice Cream Maker which features a 1-quart capacity, an easy clean aluminum bowl, and a 10-year warranty. Simply turning the crank for approximately 15 to 20 minutes yields delicious results.
The compact design (smaller than most other units on the list) is less clunky than other machines available.
- Includes recipes
- No salt or ice required
- Transparent top
- Freezer bowl and paddle do the work
- This model is the most expensive ice cream maker on the list and also requires the user to manually turn the handle to churn the ice cream
The Aicok Ice Cream Maker, Frozen Yogurt, and Sorbet Machine boasts a variety of convenient features that make it easy and fast to create frozen desserts. With an automatic timer function with 6 pre-set timers to choose from, the machine allows users to walk away while the mixer does all the work.
The lightweight (only 7 lbs) machine also features a fast-freezing bowl for reduced preparation time.
- 1.5 quart capacity
- 2 year limited warranty
- Easy pour spout for adding ingredients
- Includes a bonus recipe book for delicious ideas
- Features the fewest overall reviews of any of the machines on the list
The lightweight (at only 1.4 pounds), compact design of the Zoku Green Ice Cream Maker make it a perfect choice for a small ice cream maker. Ideal for making single-serve portions of frozen treats, the machine is a great option for anyone looking to enjoy smaller servings.
The machine simply requires its bowl to be placed in the freezer for approximately 12 or more hours (a standard freezing requirement for ice cream bowls), the addition of desired chilled ingredients, a bit of stirring, and scraping.
For harder ice cream, the bowl is placed back in the freezer for an additional 10 to 20 minutes after the soft serve ice cream has formed.
- Sleek, lightweight design comes in a variety of colors and eliminates bulkiness and issues with storage space
- Makes soft serve ice cream in as little as 10 minutes or harder ice cream around 20 minutes
- No electricity required
- Free from BPA and phthalates – harmful chemicals that can disrupt hormones
- The Zoku Green Ice Cream Maker has the smallest capacity of any of the machines on the list and some users complain the consistency is too creamy and not frozen enough
Final Say on Small Ice Cream Makers
Altogether, it is possible to enjoy ice cream that is more nutritious and free from the unhealthy ingredients typically found in store-bought ice cream by considering one of the machines mentioned above.
Let us know if you have ever tried making your own ice cream and what your favorite flavor is.