Tried it? -> Rank it!
Help our user ranking system by leaving your vote below. Please ONLY vote on products you have tried. You only get one vote per product.
- UPVOTE: Upvote the product if you have tried it and would recommend it to others.
- DOWNVOTE: Downvote the product if you have tried it and would NOT recommend it to others.
This is our official list in search of the best shaving brush on the market today. Scroll further down for full details on each product and an overview on how best to choose a quality brush for shaving.
- Parker Safety Razor Shaving Brush
- Escali 100% Pure Badger Shaving Brush
- Perfecto Shaving Brush – Black Handle
- Miusco Badger Hair Wooden Shaving Brush
- VIKINGS BLADE Luxury Badger Brush
We know time is of the essence, so the above is a cheat sheet of what’s ahead, just in case your’re in a hurry. Otherwise, keep scrolling down for more detailed and constructive info on each item.
5 Highest Reviewed Shaving Brushes to Consider
A shaving brush is a brush that is used to apply shaving cream to the face. It is small in size, usually with a plastic or wooden handle as well as stiff bristles for application. Even though a traditional shaving brush is small in size, the size of the brush could vary.
Benefits of Using a Shaving Brush
The benefits of using a shaving brush are that it provides a better lather. The tough bristles also allow for exfoliation of the skin. This provides a closer shave and less dragging of the razor.
In addition, shaving brushes save on the wear and tear of razor blades. When shopping for shaving brushes, it is important to note the tip of bristles the brush is made from.
Types of Brushes
Most shaving brush bristles are made from badger hairs. There are several types of badger hairs to include silvertip, super, best, and pure. Silvertip is noted as being top notch quality
There are several types of badger hairs to include silvertip, super, best, and pure. Silvertip is noted as being top notch quality with in comes to shaving brushes.
In fact, silvertip bristles in most cases cost more than the brush handles itself. Super badger shaving brushes are a close second. It resembles the silvertip shaving brushes and is often confused.
The third type is the best shaving brush. The best type usually comes from the back of the badger, giving it a slight rough feel. This brush, the best shaving brush, could be viewed as a way to meet in the middle and get the best of both the top notch and efficiency.
Lastly is the pure type shaving brush. Though it may be considered the lower grade, it is the most common type of shaving brush. The pure shaving brush bristles come mainly from the belly of the badger, giving it a rough feel.
Should You Use Them?
It is completely up to the shaver what shaving brush works best for his skin type. To use the shaving brush, lightly dampen the brush with water first. This is essential in that it creates a later for the shaving cream.
The shaving cream or shaving soap product is then applied to the bristles of the brush or dipped into the shaving cream product and then work up a later by spreading the brush across the face or beard area.
After use, rinse the shaving brush, gently squeeze out any excess water with your fingers, and then stand upright to dry. Shaving brushes work up a good lather which allows for a closer, bump free shave. Below are the top five shaving brushes currently available on the market.
This brush offers a very close shave. The bristles are silvertip badger grade, which is the softest grade available. Because of its softer bristles, this brush is ideal for men with sensitive skin. The bristles are also long in height, which is great for water retention.
Because of its softer bristles, this brush is ideal for men with sensitive skin. The bristles are also long in height, which is great for water retention.
- This product is handmade to provide top quality in usage
- Provides the best bristles available, 100% silvertip badger bristles
- Creates an excellent later for a smoother shave
- Comes with an acrylic brush stand to hold the shaving brush
- Long lasting product made with high-quality materials
- The handle is faux and plastic
Rejuvenation is at the forefront of this shaving brush. Not only does this product help to exfoliate the skin, but it also gives off smoother skin that can be noticed after one shave. This shaving brush also retains water well for a wet shave.
- The handle is made from real wood
- 100% pure badger hair
- Easy to rinse and clean after each use
- With maintenance, this product may last for years
- May not work well for a face lather versus a bowl lather
This product is made from 100% badger hairs. This shaving product also has a natural badger smell, which further proves its authenticity. The handle is crafted from real wood and provides a nice grip when shaving.
The handle is crafted from real wood and provides a nice grip when shaving.
- This shaving brush can be used with all types of razors and blades
- Provides a rich lather for the perfect shaving experience
- Classic brush reviews radiant and bright skin
- 100% pure badger hair bristles are used for this brush
- The bristles of this shaving brush may shed
For a rich and warm lather, Miusco shaving brush naturally softens the skin. Sleek and small in its look, it is sustainable and long lasting.
This product is made with 100 percent natural badger hair, which helps to life the hair from the face and open pores. It also comes with a shaving stand that will help keep the brush clean, dry and free from bacteria.
- Protects the skin from becoming irritated or burned
- Considered to induce air circulation for optimal drying time
- Promotes a cleaner shave
- Because of the later it creates, it requires less shaving cream
- Warms the lather and face when used in a circular motion
- May have an adverse smell
This lightweight shaving brush is known for its premium Swedish alloy that allows for a pure raw masculine experience. The water retention rate is high for this brush and it’s a comfortable hold. Because it is 100 percent pure badger hair, it may have a light offensive smell.
The water retention rate is high for this brush and it’s a comfortable hold. Because it is 100 percent pure badger hair, it may have a light offensive smell.
Also, this product may require a break-in period before it’s experienced at its prime use. It also has a
It also has a 90 day warranty from the brand manufacturer, which is 60 days longer than most brands.
- 100 percent pure badger
- Soft bristles for comfort and close shave
- Comes with a canister to hold the shaving brush
- Traditional in style and make
- The handle is acrylic
- May take longer to dry as it does not come with a stand
Shaving brushes are beneficial not only to the skin, but it also reduces the number of razor blades needed for a close shave. It is easy to use, comfortable to hold, and it also provides ample lather in order to free the face of beard hair without irritating the skin.