This is our official list of the best Sandisk MP3 players on the market today. Scroll further down for full details on each product.
5 Highest Reviewed MP3 Players by Sandisk
Just as Netflix forever changed how we consume television, the same can be said about MP3 players. Just ten years ago, some people were still using Discmans and Cassette players! While the world may have begun to catch on at the time, MP3 players had long been on the market.
What we know as the “MP3 player” today, first surfaced in 1998. The first models could only hold around 7 to 20 songs, and there were a host of other issues they had. Then in 1999, the Personal Jukebox (PJB-100) was created and could hold 1200 songs!
As society began transitioning into the digital age, “physical” copies became more and more obsolete. Computers were getting better and there were plenty of sites that could store music. The MP3 player allowed you take all those [insert name here] mixes you use to make as a kid, on the go! Sandisk has been a trusted name in digital content and storage for nearly 30 years.
In fact, a lot of their technology is in many devices today. Sandisk MP3 Players are perfect for anyone; especially those looking for an alternative to bringing their phone to the gym. Here are the top five.
There is a reason this device sits at the top. Let’s start with the 2.4 LCD screen which makes it easier to see and make choices. The Sansa Fuze+ comes with an FM radio tuner, voice recorder, video and picture playback! That’s right, this one can also hold photos.
The laundry list of formats this device supports is long, but safe to say if you have it, the Sansa Fuze+ will play it. The Sansa Fuze+ also comes with a rechargeable battery that supports 24 hours of digital playback and 5 hours of video playback.
- Expandable memory slot, FM radio and voice recorder
- Add an optional slotRadio card for an instant library of songs
- Expandable memory slot, FM radio and voice recorder
- Plays your media, your way
- No folders to organize large amounts of content
If the first three devices were meant to be workout partners and personal soundtracks, then the Sansa e250 is all of those things and more! It’s sleek, ultra thin design continue the standard of small portable devices. It comes with a micro sd slot to expand storage.
It supports most audio files (MP3, WMA, and WMA-DRM10 music files) and you can convert the most popular video formats to MPEG-4 and WMV so you can view them. It also comes with the FM radio tuner, voice recorder AND User-replaceable rechargeable lithium-ion battery. This is the perfect all in one MP3 device..
- Sleek, ultra-thin digital audio/image/video player with 2 GB of flash memory
- FM tuner with record capability and voice recorder; bright 1.8-inch color TFT LCD
- Convert most popular video formats (MPEG-4, WMV) to play on device
- User-replaceable rechargeable lithium-ion battery for up to 20 hours of life
- Some users report minor software issues making this device frustrating at times
The Clip Jam is your own personal soundtrack. With 8GB of storage and a built in micro sd card slot, the Clip Jam can hold a lot of files! The Clip Jam also supports most of the preferred audio formats like WMA, AAC, and Audible. It comes with a bright, easy to read 1 inch screen and user friendly navigation.
Don’t worry about big fingers either, the buttons are ideal for all hand sizes. The Clip Jam also sports some of the finest quality audio for such a small device. Round it out with an 18 hr rechargeable battery, multiple colors to choose from and a built-in radio FM tuner.
- Rich sound quality and comes with micro SD card expansion slot
- Play audio files in lots of your favorite formats
- Big readable screen, large buttons and long battery life
- Extremely lightweight music player
- Requires tech support to get audio books working properly
This MP3 player was made with the athlete in mind. In fact it’s been dubbed as the perfect workout partner. It has a larger LED screen than the Sansa and a similar button layout. Instead of the “menu” button, it’s a “back” button.
It’s got a clip so athletes can clip it to their pants or shirt. Another great feature of the clip sport is that it comes with a memory card slot for more music and audiobooks! The Clip Sport also boasts a battery with a 25 hr life on one charge, and is rechargeable.
- Designed for athletes and fitness enthusiasts
- Easy on-the-move navigation with a large color LCD screen
- Memory card slot for more music and audiobooks etc.
- Comes in 4GB and 8GB
- Missing features from prior Clip Sport
The Sansa Clip 1 GB is small, black and has a color display screen. Underneath the display screen is a small “menu” button and then a circular button. On the circular button are the options to “play” and “skip”.
In the center of the circular button is an “enter” button. The volume control and headphone jack are on the side and there is a clip on the back. On the opposite side there is a port connection and a power switch. This small wonder is no slouch on the perks either.
- Includes digital FM tuner with 20 preset stations voice recorder w/built-in microphone
- Supports MP3, WMA, secure WMA, and Audible audio file formats
- Hi-speed USB 2.0 port for fast and easy transfer of files
- Up to 15 hours continuous playback using internal rechargeable battery
- Might not last very long
Whether you’re looking for something to bring to the gym instead of your phone, or just looking to clear up space on your phone. Sandisk MP3 players are the perfect solution for your storage and listening needs.