This is our official list in search of the best queen size air mattresses on the market today.
Highest Reviewed Queen Size Air Mattresses
Air mattresses are useful for overnight guests, traveling, camping and as inexpensive alternatives to traditional mattresses. Factors to consider when choosing one include size, inflation method, location of use, comfort and storage. The best size for an air mattress is queen; it is large enough for more than one person and provides a stable base, but it is not unwieldy. Most queen air mattresses fold down to the size of a small suitcase. Air mattresses are inflated with either an external or internal pump. According to Sleeplikethedead.com, pumps are hand operated, battery operated or electric. Depending on where the mattress will be used, this information is essential.
Two considerations regarding comfort are height of the inflated mattress and material used for the top surface of mattress. A higher profile mattress creates more space between the sleeper and the ground. This is warmer, easier to get in and out of and minor air loss will be less noticeable. Sleep.org says the mattress top should have a soft covering to reduce bedding slippage. The best queen air mattress will have these basic components, as well as unique options, that appeal to individual consumers.
The SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress with Comfort Coil Technology has 40 internal air coils that keep the sleep surface firm and stable. The mattress is 19 inches tall with dual air chambers. With the click of a dial on the internal patented E-Z Pump, the mattress can be fully inflated or deflated in under four minutes.
The mattress is built from very durable and thick 15-gauge material. The top is covered in flocking for softness and is also waterproof. A sturdy nylon bag is provided for storage and travel.
- Sleepers can manually adjust firmness to the desired level using the internal pump
- Patented EZ pump is designed to be 20 percent quieter than other pumps
- 500 lb. weight capacity, enough for two average people
- Patented SureGrip bottom reduces unwanted mattress movement on the floor
- Mattress is intended more so for occasional indoor use
- But can be used outdoors as well.
The WonderSleep Air Mattress inflates quickly with an internal rotary pump. In addition to the internal pump, there is also an air valve for use with an external pump. The mattress has a grid of 35 air coils providing additional points of support for the sleeper.
The WonderSleep mattress is constructed out of a multi-layer, puncture-resistant, material. It also has a waterproof and flocked top. The mattress is easily deflated and stored in a convenient carrying bag. It is 20 inches in height, and it can be covered with regular or deep pocket queen size sheets.
- Weighs 15 lbs., less than other top rated queen air mattresses
- Manual inflation option for use when an electrical outlet is not available
- Triple sealed seams for added durability
- Reinforced base provides protection from potential puncture hazards
- Inflation adjustments cannot be pre-selected
Serta’s Raised Air Mattress with Never Flat Pump is quickly and easily inflated in under four minutes with an automatic pump. The Never Flat Pump technology provides a uniform level of inflation by automatically sensing loss of pressure and periodically adjusting air levels.
The sleeper can choose from three levels of inflation, or firmness, with the simple adjustment of a dial. Coupled with horizontal and vertical supports, 35 circular coils create a stable and supportive sleep surface. The Serta Raised Air Mattress comes with its own storage bag.
- Primary pump automatically shuts off when mattress is fully inflated
- Built-in cord storage prevents tangling
- Two-year warrant
- Sure-grip bottom to keep mattress in place and
- Additional air may be required to achieve desired firmness approximately an hour after initial inflation due to relaxation of the PVC
The Dura-Beam Airbed by Intex has enhanced durability and comfort due to the use of Fiber-Tech beam construction. This unique technology uses powerful, yet lightweight, polyester fibers to reinforce and strengthen the airbed.
A built in electric pump can inflate the mattress in as little as 4 1/2 minutes. Adjustments to the level of inflation can be made with the touch of a button. The top of the bed is made of waterproofed and flocked 20.8-gauge vinyl.
The sides and bottoms are constructed out of a very sturdy 16-gauge vinyl. For storage, the Dura-Beam Airbed includes a duffel bag.
- 22-inch bed height is easier to get in and out of
- 600 lb. weight capacity
- Manual pump option if no access to electricity
- Horizontal air chambers provide extra support
- Does not have Never Flat Pump technology, adjustments must be made manually
The Insta-Bed is an extremely comfortable mattress intended for indoor use only. The powerful internal pump inflates and deflates the mattress quickly. The never flat pump technology maintains the inflation to one of three comfort levels (plush, medium or firm) selected by the sleeper.
It has a height profile of 18 inches making it easier to get in and out of. The Insta-Bed top is flocked which keeps bedding in place. Thirty-five circular coils are embedded in the sleep surface increasing the level of comfort.
- It has a weight capacity of 500 lbs.
- Comes with its own carry bag and repair kit
- Air pressure is monitored by sensors that will engage a silent secondary pump to maintain desired inflation
- Uses regular sized queen sheets that grip the indents on the sides to stay in place
- Mattress is not suitable for camping or other outdoor use
Queen Size Air Camping Beds
Selecting the best queen air mattress is an individual decision. Frequency and location of use, ease of inflation, and durability are important factors to consider. The consumer should determine which of the top-rated mattresses best meets their needs. Investing in the best queen air mattress is investing in quality sleep.