This is our official list of the best pool cues for billiards on the market today. Scroll further down for full details on each product and help on choosing a quality cue to up your game a notch.
- 5.0 out of 5.0 stars Cuesoul SOOCOO Series Maple Pool Cue
- 4.5 out of 5.0 stars Cuesoul 1/2 Jointed Maple Billiard Pool Cue
- 4.5 out of 5.0 stars Trademark Global Billiard Cue
- 4.5 out of 5.0 stars Iszy Billiards 58-Inch Hardwood Canadian Maple
- 4.0 out of 5.0 stars Beautiful Lady Women‘s Billiard Cue Stick
We know time is of the essence, so the above is a cheat sheet of what’s ahead, just in case your’re in a hurry. Otherwise, keep scrolling down for more detailed and constructive info on each item.
5 Highest Reviewed Pool Cues to Play Billiards
Experienced pool players know that using the right pool cue can improve their game. It simply is not a good idea to use just any cue stick. Instead, a player should seek the best pool cue for him or her. Serious players wishing to shoot their best should consider purchasing and using their own cue sticks. In order to do this, knowing about how to choose the best pool cue and about the ones currently on the market will certainly be a help.
According to Jim Meador, a pool player with over 40 years of experience of playing, spending more than $175 for a basic cue stick is really too much and less than $50 would be a mistake. It is also not a good idea to purchase one at a department retailer.
Meador recommends that the feel of the cue is important when making a selection of a cue stick. The feel of the stick must be right for a player in terms of shaft characteristics, balance, leather and shaft. If the one that feels best costs a bit more, you should make the investment. However, it should not cost thousands. The stick’s finish is important. Always keep in mind the fact that the same materials that expensive cues are made of are also available in moderately priced ones.
The weight of the cue you select depends on your experience playing the game. If you are a beginner, you should select one that will give you more weight behind your stroke in order to get your timing and rhythm going. The additional weight will also give you both added spin and straightness of movement. Intermediate and expert players don’t need help to power but do need control over their speed. A 20 ounce to 21 ounce cue is best for beginners and 18 or 10 ounce sticks are best for advanced players.
1.) Cuesoul SOOCOO Series Maple Pool Cue
Our top choice pool cue for this year is the Cuesoul SOOCOO Series Maple Pool Cue. This cue is offered with a shaft of A++ maple wood with either a 12.75 or 11.5mm leather tip. This cue is rated with 4.7 stars out of 5 on Amazon.
- It is customarily believed that the materials used in building the shaft of a cue have a huge role in its ultimate performance in the billiard game. Canadian maple wood of A++ hard rock produces an exceptional quality cue.
- The collar of a pool cue joins the butt of the stick with the shaft. The collar can be made of various materials, but the stainless steel collar and rocket pin used in this cue is superior in providing a good energy transfer between the butt and shaft sections of the cue.
- This cue has a 7 layered leather tip that has the effect of adding to both durability and playability to the cue tip. The layered tips are also more likely to hold a consistent shape and are not prone to mushrooming.
- The bottom rings of the Cuesoul cues are stainless steel and the bottom of the cue is durable rubber.
- The rubber bumper not only adds weight to the end of the stick preserving its balance, it also prevents the crack of the butt caused by impacts.
- Beginners should not use this cue until they have gained experience since its weight of 19 ounces is a bit light. Beginners can perform best with a cue stick weighing 20 to 21 ounces.
2.) Cuesoul 1/2 Jointed Maple Billiard Pool Cue
This pool cue is made of full Canadian maple wood. Its length is 58 inches and it weighs 19 ounces. The pin is a 12 joint one and the tip is 11.5mm.
- It has an Irish linen wrap providing a better grip.
- Joint protectors are provided for the pin.
- A cue case is provided for this 11.5mm cue.
- This cue is made of Canadian Maple Wood of a ten year old tree.
- The cue’s weight is adjustable.
- Reported on Amazon by a 10 year experienced player that when he did the table roll to make sure the stick was straight the very first time he used it, he found that it was warped.
3.) Trademark Global Billiard Cue
The Trademark Global billiard cue is 58 inches long, has a two piece design and brass joints. It is rated with 3 ½ stars out of 5 on Amazon.
- Being made from Graphite Composite and Titanium, it is resistant to warping.
- Its black diamond design and polished blue finish makes it a very keen looking cue.
- Included in its purchase is a high-quality, hard black case providing a custom fit for the stick.
- A person who wants a better than average cue would consider this a good option due to its economical price.
- It is a cue that a professional player would not use. One Amazon customer complained that “The stick wasn’t straight anymore after three games.”
4.) Iszy Billiards 58-Inch Hardwood Canadian Maple Pool Cue Stick with Irish Wrap
The Waterpik Aquarius WP-660 offers three color-coded general flossing tips, four special purpose tips, 10 pressure settings, and two floss-modes. Pulse Mode uses pulse-modulation technology for maximum plaque removal. Hydro-Pulse Massage Mode is designed to improve circulation and enhance gum stimulation.
This Iszy billiard stick is a basic cue with a 21 ounce weight and 58″ in length that is perfect for the beginner. It is made of 2 pieces of hardwood maple. It is rated with 4 ½ stars out of 5 on Amazon.
- Available at a great price
- Great at breaking and gives a good impact
- Has catchy design
- Provides a good weight feel
- Sturdy and won’t bend or warp
- Tip is described by an Amazon customer as being “hard as steel and making a horrible sound when hitting on the hard side”. Another customer complained of the tip cracking.
5.) Beautiful Lady Women‘s Billiard Cue Stick
The Beautiful Lady Women’s Cue stick is 58″ in length and has a 5/16 x 18″ pin. The weight of these cues varies from 19 to 21 ounces. The Beautiful Lady women’s billiard cue offers several models varying in prices of $29.99, $49.99 and $99.99.
It is offered with an ebony butt, 8 redwood points or two maple shafts. This cue has a 13mm tip and 3/8 x 11 pin. It is rated with 4 ½ stars out of 5 on Amazon.
- It is offered in beautiful colors of your choice.
- The maple butt model allows for a lower price than one made with an exotic wood such as ebony.
- Has an ergonomic design making it easier to use.
- Its linen wrap provides a better grip and absorbs moisture.
- The 19 ounce model is too light for a beginner.
If you are interested in becoming a serious billiards player, you certainly want to purchase the best pool cue for you. In selecting the best one, there are many factors to consider such as:
- The best weight of the cue for you
- The importance of the feel of the cue as well as its finish
- Whether a linen wrap improves your grip
- A hard maple wood shafts has a better performance of the cue
- Rubber bumper can protect the butt from cracking and preserve the balance
- Layered tip will prevent mushrooming
Keep all of these factors in mind when making your selection. Also remember that a retailer may not be the best place to make your purchase of the best cue for you.