This is our official list in search of the best meal replacement drinks on the market today.
Highest Reviewed Meal Replacement Drinks
For anyone planning to lose weight, monitor their diet more closely, or look for a source of quick energy for their busy lifestyle, the best meal replacement drinks offer the energy and nutrients that would come from a full meal.
But unlike a traditional meal, a meal replacement drink can be consumed in a fraction of the time. People typically associate these drinks with diet shakes. While they can be a great tool for weight loss, they’re also a quick way for people to supplement their diet with extra nutrients. And the portable packaging makes it easy to consume these drinks anywhere.
Meal replacement drinks are available in a wide range of options, with different sizes, flavors, ingredients, and nutrients to fit just about every lifestyle. Vegan and organic options are available for the health-conscious or people on special diets, as well as specially-made kosher options.
The flavors have expanded beyond the traditional fruit flavors to include more unusual and exotic tastes. And the drinks are typically low on sugar and calories. Meal replacement drinks are a great asset for anyone looking to lose weight or boost their nutrition, without the hassle of a lengthy meal plan.
This product was created to be used in the place of two daily meals to help curb hunger for up to four hours. Each 31.18 oz container has 34 servings. This product comes in 5 different flavors.
Each serving of the product, when mixed with skim milk, contains 10 grams of protein and 4 grams of fiber, with 30 grams of carbs and 22 grams of sugar.
Each container comes with a scoop to allow you to measure the exact serving. It can be mixed with milk, water, or with milk and ice for a shake. It contains many essential vitamins and minerals for daily nutritional value.
- It mixes easily with various liquids, skim milk being the recommended liquid, and isn’t chunky or chalky when throroughly mixed
- Each 8 oz serving, when mixed as directed, contains only 200 calories with 40 fat calories
- The Slim Fast Orgiginal Meal Replacement Shake Mix is part of the Slim Fast meal plan, making it easy to use without the complicated requirements of other diet plans
- Flavors are described as very tasty by most users
- None that stick out
Like the Garden of Life shake, the Orgain shake is made from organic materials like fruits and vegetables. The drink is fortified with 21 vitamins and minerals, as well as 2 grams of fiber and 16 grams of protein per serving. Ingredients include cocoa, vanilla beans, strawberries, carrots, kale, blueberries, acai, and more.
The protein comes from organic and plant-based sources with no hormones or GMOs. No soy or gluten is included in the formula. For people on special diets, the drink is kosher and vegetarian-friendly. The shake comes ready-to-drink, with portable, re-sealable packaging.
- The drink is made from organic ingredients including real fruits and vegetables.
- The formula contains no artificial colors or preservatives.
- It’s a good source of vitamins and minerals, with 21 per serving.
- The wide range of fruits and vegetables could make the product potentially dangerous for people with food allergies.
- Consumers should check the ingredients before drinking the shake.
Lean Body offers a high concentration of protein, with 40 grams per serving. The formula is specifically designed for people who want to burn fat and build muscle with the help of protein. The drink is also fortified with vitamins and minerals, and is completely free of gluten and lactose.
Despite being available in sweet flavors like chocolate and salted caramel, Lean Body contains no sugar. The large amount of protein makes it a popular choice for bodybuilders. Lean Body shakes are pre-mixed and ready to drink immediately, with a re-sealable cap so that it can be saved for later.
- The drink has a high protein content.
- The shake comes in a variety of flavors to suit different tastes.
- The formula is 100% sugar-free.
- The high amount of protein per serving means that it might not be the best choice for people who already have a lot of protein in their diet.
This drink is certified 100% organic by the USDA, with GMO-free ingredients. Each serving of the drink is packed with nutrients, including 20 grams of organic plant protein, 6 grams of fiber, 21 vitamins and minerals, and probiotics and enzymes to aid digestion.
The formula is soy-free, gluten-free, vegan, and kosher. Unlike other products, the drink comes in powdered form and must be mixed by hand, but the ingredients are completely raw and unprocessed. Ingredients include real fruits and vegetables, juices, and plants, with no artificial additives.
- The ingredients are 100% raw and organic.
- Each serving is fortified with vitamins, minerals, and probiotics.
- Natural fruits, vegetables, and juices are all included in the formula.
- The drink is not pre-mixed. Users must mix the powder with water before consuming it.
Made in California, CalNaturale is made from organic, gluten-free ingredients that include non-GMO soy. CalNaturale is fortified with protein and fiber, as well as a wide range of vitamins and minerals for maximum health and energy. And for those on a vegan diet, CalNaturale is completely dairy-free. The drink is available in a variety of pre-mixed flavors that are ready to drink immediately.
A product of the California Natural Products company (CNP), CalNaturale’s ingredients are harvested from organic, sustainable sources that include local farms. The more exotic ingredients are purchased directly from international farms.
- A variety of flavors are available.
- The drinks come pre-mixed, unlike other options that are only available as powder.
- The formula is vegan, gluten-free, and kosher.
- It’s a bad choice for anyone with a soy allergy, as soy is one of the main ingredients.
Final Say on Meal Replacement Drinks
For anyone searching for the best meal replacement drinks, the options in this list are packed with vitamins and nutrients, with low amounts of calories, sugar, carbohydrates, and fats. These drinks make it easy to save time by sipping a shake between classes or during the drive to work instead of taking the time for a full meal.
Furthermore, they provide all the benefits of a meal without the salts, sugars, and fats. They’re not just a great weight loss tool–they’re also a great supplement for anyone looking to increase the amount of vitamins and minerals in their diet.