This is our official list of the best manual grass shears on the market today. Scroll further down for full details on each product.
5 Highest Reviewed Manual Grass Shears
Most people love to stay in a clean, neat and beautiful surrounding. The only way to achieve these qualities is by the use of right gardening tools. Manual grass and hedge shears are tools used to trim overgrown grass and shrubs.
In most cases, people use manual grass and hedge shears to trim smaller lawns. The shears are also used to cut grass and other shrubs in places that lawn mowers cannot access. Some of these places include near trees, flower beds, under rocks and adjacent to sidewalks.
There are different types of grass shears. The most common types include the long handled shears that are operated in a standing position. These shears are suitable for people who find it difficult to bend, as well as those who have relatively large backyards. The other type is a hand-held grass shear, which is operated by one hand, in a kneeling or bending position.
Additionally, the shears may differ depending on make and manufacturer. This article looks at the top 5 manual shears that are preferred and used by most people. Recommended shears are made of durable material, are easy to use and handle, have sharp cutting blades among other features that make landscaping tasks easy.
Corona GS 6750D ClassicCut shears are recommended for trimming grass, small shrubs, and any tough ground cover. The shears’ cutting 5.5-inch blades are made of a forged steel alloy which cuts a surface length of 4 inches. The steel alloy is easy to sharpen just in case the tool gets blunt.
Also, the alloy is heat treated to make it sturdier, hence long lasting. The grips are vinyl coated a feature which makes the shears feel comfortable and non-slip on the user’s hands. Nevertheless, the tool has a safety lock to prevent accidents during transportation and storage.
- The shears are good for trimming overgrown grass near sidewalks, around stones and other hard to reach places inaccessible.
- It is one hand held tool and users have the freedom to shift the machine from one hand to the other.
- The heat treated steel alloy lasts long.
- The shears need to be cleaned and greased after use, or else they will gum up with grass juice or rust, and the blade may feel hard to open.
Fiskars Long- Handle Swivel Shears are suitable for trimming grass around trees, valued plants, flower beds and sidewalks. They have a long handle suitable for people who find it hard kneeling or bending. The 4.5 inch long blades rotate at 360 degrees, and they can, therefore, trim at any angle and cut thick stemmed shrubs.
The shear’s shaft is lightweight, and it’s fitted with an ergonomic grip to facilitate ease of use. The shears are also equipped with a lock to keep the blades secured while not in use or during transportation. The tool comes along with a lifetime warranty.
- The shears are lightweight hence comfortable to handle for all people.
- Its sharp blades cut effortlessly through thick grass and shrubs.
- Suitable for trimming grass in places that are hard to reach.
- The tool is suitable for light duties.
Bahco P74 Lawn Shears are designed to shear grass at hard to reach places like around trees, near an edge, near stone and other obstacles that are impossible to shear using a lawn mower. The shears’ blade is hardened to cut tough grasses and shrubs.
The blade is also coated with black Xylan to prevent rusting. The shear has a 90 cm long handle, made of steel to last long. The handles’ grips are made of a black plastic material to give users a firm and comfortable grip while working on lawns.
- The 90 cm long handle relieves users from the hassle of bending while working on the grass or hedge. As such, it is suitable for people with back pain, arthritis, and other personal issues that make bending difficult.
- The 20cm long hardened blade is suitable for cutting thick-stemmed shrubs and chops easily through the grass.
- The shears are made of a sturdy steel metal to last long.
- The tool may feel heavy for children or the elderly since it is made of heavyweight steel metal.
The Gardena 8734 Comfort swiveling Shears are used to trim grass and shrubs in a hard-to-reach place. The blade rotates at a 360-degree angle making it easy to cut thick-stemmed shrubs. The grips are made of soft plastic that is comfortable on hands.
For this reason, users can trim for long without getting fatigued. The non-stick coated blades prevent grass and shrubs from being caught in between blades. The shears come along with a 25-year warranty.
- The shears are lightweight hence comfortable to operate with one hand for long.
- Their design is suitable for both left handed and right handed people.
- The sharp blade cuts grass in one pass.
- The tool has a safety feature to protect the user from accidental injuries.
- The shears are not suitable for cutting through woody shrubs and overgrown grass.
The grass hedge shears have a 6-inch cutting blade, sharpened to make work easy. The durable shears are made of carbon steel, a sturdy metal. They are used for trimming grass and other shrubs near sidewalks and under trees.
The handles are fitted with soft grips to give the user a firm but comfortable grip and an easy to rotate handle to simplify a task. Besides trimming grass, the shear’s sharp blade can also cut plastics, and fabrics, among other materials. This tool has a safety latch to safeguard the device from accidental injuries while not in use.
- The carbon steel blade is sharp and can cut easily through thicker shrubs and grass. This characteristic reduces the user’s time and effort.
- The swivel rotating head makes trimming tasks easy and prevents issues of grass getting stuck between blades.
- The carbon steel used to make the shears is a sturdy material that lasts long.
- These shears are large and cumbersome a factor which can fatigue children and people who get quickly tired when using heavy tools.
Manual grass shears are necessary gardening tools used to trim grass and shrubs from hard to reach places where lawn mowers cannot serve. Depending on preference, one can purchase an extended metallic handle shear for heavy duty or a handheld shear for light duties. Best tools are easy and comfortable to handle and they last long.