This is our official list in search of the best makeup mirror with lights on the market today. Scroll further down for full details on each product and an overview of lit up make up mirrors.
- 5.0 out of 5.0 stars 10x Magnifying Lighted Makeup Mirror by Upper West Collection
- 4.5 out of 5.0 stars Conair Oval Shaped Double-Sided Lighted Makeup Mirror
- 4.5 out of 5.0 stars Krasr Touch Screen Makeup Mirror with LED Lights
- 4.5 out of 5.0 stars Charmax Lighted Makeup Mirror With Bag
- 4.0 out of 5.0 stars Jerrybox Trifold LED Lighted Makeup
We know time is of the essence, so the above is a cheat sheet of what’s ahead, just in case your’re in a hurry. Otherwise, keep scrolling down for more detailed and constructive info on each item.
5 Highest Reviewed Lighted Makeup Mirrors
The only way to ensure that you apply a flawless face of makeup every single time is to do it in great lighting. Applying makeup in a dimly lit bathroom nearly guarantees that it is done incorrectly. You may think it looks great, but when you step outside you may find such problems as:
- Foundation that is the wrong color
- Patchy and uneven coverage
- Caked on or too sheer makeup
- Contours that aren’t blended
- Blush that is too bright
- Lipstick going outside of your lip lines
The list goes on and on. These are all problems directly caused by poor lighting. Why does lighting matter so much? As Shannon explores in her article ‘Perfect Makeup Application is ALL in the Lighting’, most often the lights found in bathrooms have a yellow tint that do not mimic natural daylight.
More than that, poor lighting means uneven lighting, which leads to uneven makeup application. What may look good or acceptable in indoor lighting may not necessary look the same in the bright outdoors. Ideally you should either be applying your makeup in natural lighting or using something similar to the sun’s illumination such as LED lights.
While doing your makeup outside might not be a viable option there’s luckily an easier solution: A makeup mirror with lights. It may seem like a tool used only by the makeup artists of Hollywood, but it should be a staple piece of equipment in any beauty lover’s makeup area.
Most makeup mirrors use LED lights and illuminate the entire face, which eliminates the problems caused by poor and uneven lighting. Your makeup application will be even and amazing every time. The lighted mirror itself can actually be an elegant addition to any room’s decor. If you’re willing to go the Do-It-Yourself route a lighted makeup mirror can be an affordable and chic addition to any room.
It may seem daunting to try and find the right mirror for your needs, especially with so many option out there. So, what is the best makeup mirror with lights? Have a look at our top five.
This lighted makeup mirror is an easy way to add lighting to any space. It is compact enough that it does not take up unnecessary space. It features a suction base that is as sturdy as it is strong. You won’t be accidentally knocking it over and breaking it anytime soon. It can attach to a mirror or any flat surface, meaning that you are not limited to placing it only in the bathroom.
This mirror runs on battery power, so its cord-free design won’t be an unsightly mess of tangles. You also won’t be running through batteries constantly; the low-energy and cost-efficient LED lights that surround the mirror are good for at least 50,000 hours before needing a battery change. That’s more than five years!
The LED lights accurately mimic natural daylight, which ensures that your makeup application is accurate and looks amazing. This is one of the more compact mirrors on the list. It takes up less than one half of one cubic foot. The lack of bulkiness means this mirror can go anywhere in your house.
If 10x the magnification is too much for you, don’t fear: It comes in three different varieties. It is available in 3x, 7x, or 10x magnification. The suction base can be fully rotated and positioned to any angle needed. A padded bag comes as a free gift with purchase. It’s a useful tool if you plan on taking this mirror with you while traveling, and it will protect the mirror from scratching or breaking while in your luggage.
- Cost-efficient and low-energy, battery-operated LED lights.
- Strong suction base adheres to any flat surface, making it highly versatile and mobile.
- Small design makes it optimal for travel.
- Cord-free design. No tripping or getting tangled up in the knots and messes of too many cords.
- The ‘on’ and ’off’ switch might be overly sensitive at times.
- Users have reported turning their mirror off only to come back hours later to find it having turned back on.
This lighted mirror by Conair is fully illuminating as well as double-sided. Use the 1x magnification to view your overall look then flip to the reverse side for 7x the magnification, which is useful for up-close tweezing or mascara application.
Plug in this mirror to turn on the warm, LED lights surrounding the oval-shaped face of the mirror, giving you a soft, glowing ‘halo’ of light. This mirror is available is three different finishes: Polished chrome, Oiled bronze, and Satin nickel. No matter your room decor, the customization options make it easy to match and complement your style.
The face of the mirror comes with a special, fog-free coating. You can shower and immediately make use of this mirror without annoyance. Wherever you choose to put this mirror it only weighs in at one pound. It is lightweight and easy to move but comes with a sturdy base to ensure that it will not topple over easily.
- Double-sided mirror eliminates the need to buy different magnification sizes separately.
- Fog-free coating makes it easy to use in any climate or directly after a shower.
- Three finishes make this mirror more of a decorative addition to your room’s decor rather than a utilitarian piece.
- Due to the power-source, this mirror is brighter than any of the battery-operated mirror.
- Unlike a battery-operated mirror, this mirror requires the use of a plug, meaning it needs to be placed near an outlet.
This old-school and ultra glam mirror has a lot of happy customers mentioning how reminiscent it is of a vintage Hollywood vanity table. The 20 built-in LED lights which surround the mirror completely illuminate your face in even the darkest of rooms.
At almost 12 by 8 inches the mirror face is larger than normal. You will have a fuller view of your makeup application. With 180-degree rotation as well as the capability to switch the mirror face from portrait to landscape orientation you will be able to position this mirror to any angle needed.
This mirror comes with a unique 10x magnification spot-mirror that can clip on to the side of the mirror or detach and be used as a traveling mirror. You can use it for precision tweezing or makeup application as well as throw it in your purse and use it while on-the-go.
This mirror is another cord-free and battery-operated mirror. A knot of cords cluttering up your counter-space would detract from the overall look of this sleek mirror. As an added bonus your first pack of AAA batteries are included with purchase!
The mirror is surrounded by a hard, durable plastic that is scratch-resistant, which guarantees that it will retain its glamorous look for years to come. Additionally the sturdy base of this mirror has a compartment that can double as a holder for jewelry and other accessories.
- Glamorous look, a chic accent to any room.
- Pack of AAA batteries included with purchase.
- Detachable 10x magnifying spot mirror.
- It is scratch resistant on both the mirror surface and the plastic coating, meaning that it will look brand new for years to come.
- Slightly bulkier than the other mirrors, meaning that it’s not quite as suitable for traveling as other lighted mirrors.
This lighted mirror features a solid perimeter of cost-efficient and low-energy LED lights which last a long time on one set of batteries. They measure in at 475 Lux which provides illumination that most accurately mimics natural daylight and ensures an even makeup application. This mirror is also cord-free which is useful for keeping your
This mirror is also cord-free which is useful for keeping your counter space free of unsightly cords and tangled messes. This mirror is only available in two magnification sizes: 7x and 8x the magnification.
This might be a drawback for some since the two magnification sizes available only differ by one size. It may be hard to find a size that works for you, but this mirror comes with a 100% money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied. It also features a locking suction base.
It may be hard to find a size that works for you, but this mirror comes with a 100% money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied. It also features a locking suction base. You can use it to secure the mirror to the counter-top which ensures that it won’t be accidentally knocked over, or you can use it to adhere this mirror to a flat surface like your bathroom mirror. The suction base will stay locked to any surface, but it is easy enough to remove and move your mirror.
The mirror face swivels in 360-degrees which is double the standard 180-degree rotation. You can literally position this mirror to any angle. This mirror is sleek and compact, and it takes up less than half of one square foot of counter space.
Its small footprint makes it completely versatile and allows you to place it in any room. The mirror itself only weighs about half of a pound which makes it extremely conducive to traveling. Additionally, a velvet bag is included free with purchase. It’s a useful tool that allows you to take your mirror along with you during your travels. Conversely, you can just keep it as a spare bag.
- Small and not bulky means it can go almost anywhere.
- Battery operated ensures cord-free and tangle-free counter space.
- 360-degree rotation, more than the standard 180-degree.
- Comes with a free travel bag of soft velvet.
- Only two, similar magnification sizes available.
This mirror features a unique trifold design. It has three mirrors total: A large mirror in the center and two smaller mirrors on the periphery. This is a useful tool for viewing your face from multiple angles rather than just straight-on with a single, centered mirror.
This mirror comes with a swivel base which allows for a full 180-degree rotation. The LED lights along the edges are operated with an easy-to-use, touch-sensitive button which can be dimmed or brightened as needed. It is battery-operated and cord-free like most of the mirrors on this list, and it leaves your counters free from clutter and chaos.
However, unlike the other mirrors, this one comes with the added capability of USB operation. That’s right! You can plug it right into your computer or phone charger to save on batteries. Even though it adds a cord to the process, at least you are not limited by the necessity of an outlet.
The sturdy base features a tray which can act as a compartment for makeup, jewelry, or other accessories. This mirror does not feature any magnification, but a compact magnification mirror is available as an add-on item.
- Trifold design. Three mirrors instead of just one allows for a fuller viewing of the face.
- Adjustable, LED lighting can be dimmed or brightened as needed.
- USB-plug power capability – unique to this product and a nice alternative to battery power.
- Base doubles as tray compartment.
- No magnification options for this mirror, meaning it may be harder to achieve precision.
There are obviously plenty of options to choose from! The best makeup mirror with lights for you will depend on your specific needs. If you need more precision and control then you will be better off with a mirror that comes with magnification options.
If you need a mirror that is conducive to on-the-go traveling then a smaller mirror that can attach to different surfaces will be your best bet. There is something for everyone. The best part is all the mirrors on this list come with bright, energy-efficient, and low-cost LED lights.
Whatever specifications you seek, all of these mirrors will illuminate your face fully as though you actually were applying your makeup outside. Get ready for a flawless face every time you apply your makeup! You’ll look and feel better than ever before.