This is our official list of the best magic kits for kids & beginners on the market today. Scroll further down for full details on each product and to learn more about what these magic kits offer your little ones.
5 Highest Reviewed Magic Kits for Kids & Beginners
Children have an abundance of imagination and wonder, which is why buying a quality magic kit for your child is one of the most fulfilling and worthwhile purchases you can make as a parent. Kids will love astounding their friends and family with logic-defying tricks while boosting their confidence and presentation skills. In fact, a study conducted at the University of Hertfordshire proved that magic tricks are greatly beneficial to children struggling with low self-esteem, as performing them improved confidence and social skills.
Many of the illusions that magicians perform also require an incredible combination of reflexes and mental effort, making it an enriching and highly entertaining educational process. Listed in the article below are the five most impressive and high-quality magic kits for kids on the market today.
This complete magic set endorsed by professional magician and mentalist Ryan Oakes is the perfect magic set for both beginner and experienced magicians alike. It is produced by the popular toy and game company Ideal which has been making quality and enjoyable products for over 100 years.
This kit sets the standard for quality magic sets and includes countless tricks and illusions that any child will enjoy. Here are a few of the pros of buying the Ideal 100-Trick Magic Show Suitcase:
- This handy carrying case doubles as a performance table
- Over 100 tricks and illusions
- Provides magic wand and hat costume
- Includes an instructional DVD hosted by professional magician Ryan Oakes that demonstrates the magic tricks step-by-step
- Some of the materials in this set have been reported to be flimsy in a few critical reviews.
This magic set by popular toy brand Melissa & Doug provides 10 fascinating magic tricks made from quality materials.
There are many qualities that sets this magic kit apart from the others. Here are just a few of the pros of Melissa & Doug’s kit:
- This product is highly durable and long-lasting as it is made of solid wood. Many other kits are made of flimsy plastic.
- The quality of this product makes any beginner magician look especially professional
- Instructions are easy to follow for all ages
- The set only includes 10 magic tricks in comparison to other sets that provide hundreds of different tricks and illusions.
This magic kit is a unique product offered by the company Scientific Explorer. Children will be amazed by the many chemical reactions that this set can instantaneously produce, and will enjoy pretending to be magic witches and wizards casting spells. This set will encourage and promote curiosity and is a fun introduction into the world of science and real-world ‘magic’.
The positive points of the Scientific Explorer Magic Kit includes:
- The price, as it is one of the most affordable magic kits available.
- The set is highly educational and is based on the nationally recognized Great Explorations in Math and Science (GEMS) program pioneered at UC Berkley’s Lawrence Hall of Science
- Encourages curiosity and critical thinking skills
- It is a very hands-on learning experience, an includes a fun make-it-yourself hat and wand to keep kids interested
- Kids interested in classic illusions and traditional magic tricks probably won’t enjoy this scientific take on magic.
Jim Stott has been an experienced professional magician since 1976 and is a longtime member of the Society of American Magicians. He offers numerous lessons and products to the general public, including the My First Magic Kit. This particular set is perfect for beginner magicians ages 5 and older and is one of the most popular magic kits for kids being sold today.
This magic set has many advantages in comparison to rivaling brands on the market. Some of the pros of Jim Stott’s kit are:
- These tricks are easier to learn than most, as the kit is aimed specifically at beginner magicians.
- The props included in this kit are smaller than many others, and are able to fit comfortably in the hands of children as young as 5 years old
- A secret link to online tutorials are included in the kit to make learning even easier
- Jim Scott personally provides excellent customer service and replaces any items the customer is not satisfied with.
- This beginner’s magic kit is aimed at younger children, so it may not be suitable for older and more experienced magicians.
This magic trick set sold by Magic Touches provides your child with everything they need to get started with slight-of-hand tricks and illusions. The classic tricks and routines found in this set are used by many professional magicians around the globe. Some of the well-known tricks included in this set are:
- Houdini-type chain escape
- Goshman sponge balls
- Svengali deck that allows a magician to perform over 30 astonishing card tricks
This set is one of the most comprehensive beginner magic kits for kids. The notable pros of this complete magic set are:
- The set includes over 200 tricks to impress friends and family with
- Includes a 60 minute DVD showing clear demonstrations of each trick, making the learning process fun and easy.
- The only downside of this kit is that it is slightly more expensive than competing brands, selling online for $45.59 on Amazon.
There are many magic trick sets available in stores and online, but these five sets are rated highly by reviewers for their outstanding quality and affordability. Any children looking to learn the art of illusions would be happy to receive these complete sets with easy step-by-step instructions.
These tricks are incredible to watch when performed correctly, and with a little practice, your kids will soon be masters of magic.