This is our official list of the best lunch boxes for children on the market today. Scroll further down for full details on each product and an overview of the specs to look for in kids lunch boxes.
5 Highest Reviewed Kids Lunch Boxes for School
Lunch boxes are an essential part of every little one’s collection of school gear. Though there are many appealing options, namely ones that feature your child’s favorite characters, those lunch boxes are not always the best choice.
Your kid’s lunch bag needs to last them through daily lunches, field trips, long excursions in the car, picnics, and more. The lunch bags on this list feature lots of storage space, durable fabric, are easy to clean, and come in fun colors and patterns, too. Whether they are attending school for the first time, need a larger size for a growing appetite, or have outgrown their cartoon lunch box, these bags are great options for kids of any age.
Each lunch box on this list is sturdy enough to last for years so you will not have to buy a new one at the beginning of every school year! You may even be so pleased with your purchase of one of these bags that you buy one for yourself to take to work. The list below features the top 5 best lunch boxes for kids. They all have their own unique and awesome features. Read on to learn more about each one!
For bigger kids (or kids with big appetites), try this Rubbermaid LunchBlox Lunch Bag. It is designed to fit the Rubbermaid LunchBlox containers, which come in different sizes and stack securely on top of each other.
The interior is insulated and features mesh pockets to hold silverware, napkins, and more. The exterior mesh pocket is great for drink bottles. This lunch box is microwave-, dishwasher-, and freezer-safe and is easy to clean. You can carry it by the top handle or the removable shoulder strap, which could also be used to clip the bag to a backpack.
- Lots of storage due to large size, mesh bottle pocket, and utensil pocket
- Lightweight and easy to carry with both handle and removable shoulder strap
- Best way to carry lunch foods when you have Rubbermaid Lunchblox thanks to its special design
- Insulated interior to keep foods fresh until lunch time
- May be too big for young children or kids with limited locker/cubby space
The Wildkin Blue Camo Lunch Box is the perfect size and shape for kids of any age. It has an insulated interior that can wipe clean of spills easily.
The zippered front pocket on the outside and the zip mesh pocket and Velcro-close band on the inside keep everything from ice packs to silverware organized for your kid’s lunch. The durable fabric will withstand years of wear and tear from even the most active kids. Plus this bag comes in lots of fun patterns and colors to choose from!
- Lots of storage pockets to keep food and extras secure and organized
- Insulated interior that wipes clean easily
- Comes in many choices of patterns for boys, girls, and unisex
- Ideal size for any age (3.25 x 7 x 9.75 inches)
- Large containers or drink bottles may not fit along with other lunch items
This adorable Olive Kids lunch box is ideal for kids both big and small. It is the ideal size for holding a lunch while still easily fitting into a locker or cubby. The insulated interior ensures that foods stay at the right temperature until lunch time.
Its easy-to-clean fabric inside and durable fabric outside mean this bag will last for years. A front zip pocket is perfect for stashing napkins and silverware, while a Velcro strap and mesh pocket inside help keep foods, drinks, and extras secure.
- Inexpensive compared to many lunch boxes of similar quality
- Durable, easy-to-clean fabric on both inside and outside
- Insulated so fruits, veggies, and dairy will stay at their ideal temperature
- Storage pockets to keep lunch foods and extras like silverware and hand sanitizer organized
- Does not fit multiple large containers/bottles/thermoses well
The Leakproof Children’s Lunch Box by Bentgo Kids is one of the best lunch boxes for kids who do not like their food to touch. The inside features a removable tray with 5 different-sized compartments to separate each food.
The tray is microwavable and dishwasher safe for convenience. It is also leak-proof and has rubber edges on the outside, perfect for rambunctious kids. The easy-to-use latch closure ensures that their lunch will stay fresh and contained. This lunch box comes in 3 kid-friendly colors and is made of BPA-free, food-grade materials.
- Compartments keep food separated for picky eaters and eliminates need for plastic baggies
- Leakproof technology ensures their lunch stays fresh and never messy
- Durable design with rubber edges so it can withstand even the most rambunctious kids
- Dishwasher-safe removable tray for easy clean up
- Small food compartments better suited to young children
The PackIt Freezable lunch bag is unique because has freezing gel built right into it. Just freeze the lunch bag overnight, no more buying ice packs to keep your kid’s lunch cold.
This bag has a zip and flap closure to keep cool air inside, perfect for ensuring dairy and produce stays at an ideal temperature. The buckle top handle makes it easy to clip to backpacks so kids never forget their lunch. It also comes in tons of fun prints from flowers and dots to planets and monsters so there is something for every kid.
- Freezable – no need to buy ice packs
- Lots of color/pattern options
- Food-safe and non-toxic exterior
- Buckle handle clips lunch box to backpack so kids do not lose or forget it
- Not good for hot foods. If you put in a thermos of soup, you obviously do not want to freeze the bag beforehand.
With so many lunch bag choices on the market, it can be hard to choose. Hopefully this list of the five best lunch boxes for kids has helped! With various sizes, tons of fun designs, storage pockets, durable designs, and more, any of these bags would make a great addition to your child’s school gear!