This is our official list in search of the best indoor barbecue contact grills on the market today.
Highest Reviewed Indoor BBQ Grills to Consider
From the savory smells to the delicious taste, for many people, there is nothing better than grilling out on a warm summer’s day. For those especially fond of grilling out, an excellent option to consider is a contact grill. Contact grills offer a variety of benefits including:
- Ability to grill out regardless of inclement weather or space limitations
- More compact and easier to store
- Increased convenience
- Eliminates the mess and hassle of charcoal and lighter fluid
- Provides an easy way of cooking leaner food
- Can be used on decks and balconies where charcoal or gas grills are prohibited due to fire risk
- Eliminates the need to turn food over therefore locking in flavor and saving time
Read on to learn more about the top barbecue contact grills including key features and pros and cons of each model.
First on the list is the George Foreman – an iconic name in grilling – GGR50B Barbeque Grill. This top-rated grill features easy cleanup, large serving capacity, a patented fat-removing slope, and a dishwasher safe tray that collects fat and grease.
This best-selling, easy to assemble grill also features variable temperature controls with 5 adjustable settings for effective and thorough heating capabilities.
- Boasts the highest number of overall reviews (almost 2,000 in total) on the list.
- Built for both indoor and outdoor use due to its grill stand that provides stability when used outdoors and is easily removed to be placed indoors on a countertop.
- Built to North American Electric Standards and also includes a 3-year limited warranty.
- Features the capacity to grill over 15 servings of meat, kabobs, or veggies at the same time.
- Some reviewers claim to have received no instruction booklet at all or a insufficient, hard-to-read safety sheet.
The Breville BGR820XL Smart Grill offers a variety of convenient features that contribute to delicious, easy-to-make meals. The Smart Grill boasts a removable, dishwasher safe plate with Element IQ technology, the ability to open flat for barbecuing, and 6 adjustable height settings.
The model also features variable temperature settings including low, panini, and sear modes and an integrated, removable drip tray. Users praise the fast heat up time, uniform heat, two cooking modes – barbecue or panini, and the grill’s smart technology that is capable of sensing cold meat or food and immediately increasing the heat in response.
- Has the highest percentage of 5-star reviews of any of the grills on the list.
- Offers a 1 year warranty.
- 1800 watts of power provides fast, hot, and effective grilling.
- Nonstick plates made from cast aluminum coated with titanium infused Quantanium provide oil-free cooking and easy clean up.
- The Breville Smart Grill is the second highest priced grill on the list.
The DeLonghi America Duel Combination Grill is the perfect appliance for maximizing counter space while still offering the ability to create delicious meals. The unique, high-performance grill features interchangeable sets of grill and griddle plates for healthy, efficient cooking.
The specially designed FlexPress System offers the ability to cook in a variety of ways including the following – contact or full grill, Panini press, full griddle and half grill / half griddle or waffle mode (although these plates need to be purchased separately).
- Currently, the DeLonghi features zero 1 or 2-star ratings.
- Cool touch handles and hanging self-adjustable hinge.
- Includes a dedicated app with a variety of cooking tips and recipes.
- Extra wide 9 x 15 inch cooking surface and integrated drip tray to collect grease and fat.
- The DeLonghi Dual Combination Grill is the highest priced option on the list.
Next on the list is another grill made by the well-known and highly respected George Foreman brand. The Nonstick Classic Plate Grill features the signature Foreman heating elements to ensure fast, even heat distribution.
The model also offers two fixed grill plates with a nonstick coating along with a sloped design and drip tray for creating healthier meals and snacks.
- Most affordably priced option among the featured grills.
- 133 square inches of cooking space offers the capability to cook up to 9 servings at once.
- Stay cool handles and compact, portable design.
- Built to North American Electrical Standards.
- Some users complain about the cleanup process and lack of temperature control with the George Foreman Nonstick Classic Plate Grill.
Finally, the list of the top 5 contact grills concludes with the Kalorik Barbecue Indoor and Outdoor Grill. This grill offers a host of special features and properties including the unique ability to connect an I-pod through the integrated holder as well as a built-in radio with speakers and amplifier.
Users praise the Kalorik’s high heating capability (450 degrees), relatively even heat distribution, stylish, compact design, solid construction, effective grease drip design, and fairly easy cleanup.
- Large 200 square inch cooking surface.
- Can be used indoors or outdoors.
- Nonstick surface for easy cleaning.
- Easy to assemble.
- The Kalorik Barbecue Indoor and Outdoor Grill has the highest percentage of negative reviews out of any of the grills mentioned on the list.
All in all, if you love to grill out but find yourself often limited by the weather or other factors, consider incorporating one of the contact grills above into your lifestyle.
There aren’t too many events that can bring people together like grilling can, and with a cast-iron indoor grill, the experience is fun for everyone.
The products on this list are ideal for grilling meat and veggies, and since they require minimal cleanup, they’re always fun to use. Food brings people together, and with a high-quality grill, it’s easy to make food people will love.