This is our official list in search of the best cordless handheld vacuum cleaner on the market today. Scroll further down for full details on each product.
5 Highest Reviewed Cordless Handheld Vacuums
At best, vacuuming can be considered a necessary chore. Cordless handheld vacuums help consumers keep on top of household cleaning without dragging out a full-size appliance. A cordless handheld vacuum can reach places a full-size one can’t like moldings, baseboards, and cabinet tops making them a versatile choice. Because of their portability, they are ideal for cleaning car interiors and RVs.
They offer lightweight power in a compact size and most come with attachments. They are a smart option when home space is at a premium and run on a charged battery that’s powered from a central base that either sits flat or is wall mounted.
Another edge that handhelds hold is that they are not that expensive compared to a full-size appliance, and they generally use less energy. This is true even when choosing a high-end vac.
If you need a reliable cordless handheld vacuum, you’ll discover we’ve made your task a little easier. Below we’ve listed the top five of these vacuums on the market today. Note that all models use what is termed “cyclonic action,” a process that suctions dirt and dust into the vacuum in a swirling motion.
A compact size and an excellent price point makes this appliance our top choice for the best cordless handheld vacuum. At under $100 dollars, it has a 20-volt lithium-ion battery for quick charging and suction power that doesn’t fade. It comes with an attached, retractable brush and a crevice tool for effortless access to these cleaning implements.
The appliance comes equipped with a three-stage filtration system for a clean air exhaust. Its most impressive feature is the unique pivoting nozzle that maneuvers awkward spaces. A removable dirt bowl makes regular cleaning easy and keeps the appliance running smoothly.
- It has a wide mouth design that scoops up and collects large scraps of dirt and grime.
- Its charging cradle can sit freestyle on the floor or it can be mounted on the wall.
- The on-board crevice tool and brush keep these cleaning accessories close at hand.
- It offers superior function at a good price point.
- Regular, necessary cleaning of the unit itself makes it a little high maintenance.
This brand is distinguished by its attention to lightweight, ergonomic design and even weight distribution. It is powered by a digital V6 motor and boasts 15 cyclones arranged in two tiers that pick up finer particles of dirt and dust for up to 20 minutes of continuous operation. Though it provides excellent operation, it does come at a cost. Its price point is roughly two times the cost of other handhelds.
- It has a pistol-like grip that makes it easy to hold.
- A push-button operation makes its bagless bin easy to empty.
- The vac’s max power mode provides a six-minute burst of suction power.
- It picks large debris and small particles of dirt.
- Its power button has to be held down continuously during use.
The Shark hand vac is marketed at pet owners, a group that faces a consistent need for cleaning hair off upholstery and floors. The appliance comes with a removable, wide motorized brush that digs in to take up embedded pet hair and dirt. The brush also works well on car mats and seats. The Shark also has a direct suction option for hard surfaces.
- The vac has an easy-to-clean HEPA filter, which is especially handy for allergy sufferers.
- Its wide motorized brush cleans a larger area in one go.
- It features a rubberized hand grip that makes it easy to hold.
- The detachable brush is easy to keep clean from pet hair.
- Battery does not have a sustaining charge.
This brand is compact and neat making it a sound choice for small homes and automobiles. It has an ergonomic handle that is comfortable to use. The Holife vacuum is also powered by a 14.8V lithium battery for extended use and quick charging.
Like most of the handhelds, it comes with two additional attachments designed for cleaning in corners and other tight spots. The main nozzle includes a small brush that works well on picking up pet hair.
- It can be used on wet and dry spills.
- It has a quiet motor.
- It provides a 30-minute run on a single charge.
- It works well on cleaning up pet hair.
- Attachments are not on board.
Powered by a lithium-ion battery, which provides full suction power that doesn’t fade out as it wears down, the Black and Decker CHV1410L comes with two attached extensions, a crevice tool and a brush.
The fact that they’re on board is a convenience. There’s no misplacement of tools as they are readily at hand. This hand vac doesn’t need bags but instead has a removable, washable dust bowl that’s easily maintained.
- The lithium-ion battery holds a charge for up to 18 months.
- The dirt bowl is clear so it’s easy to see when it needs emptying.
- The Smart Charge technology uses 50 percent less energy.
- The vac is an inexpensive choice.
- Charger base cannot be mounted on a wall.
The best cordless handheld vacuum is ultimately a matter of personal choice. These housekeeping gadgets have come a long way over the years. As new technology develops, manufacturers make improvements to fit the needs of today’s informed consumers.
Right now, you can find models that offer versatility, convenience and compact power in one tidy package out there. Nonetheless you should assess your specific cleaning needs before you buy.
- How often will you use the appliance?
- Do you have pets in the household?
- How important are wet/dry capabilities?
- How much do you want to spend?
We hope we’ve provided some guidance well in advance of your purchase so you make an informed choice that’s right for you.