This is our official list of the best extra-large yoga mats on the market today. Scroll further down for full details on each product and to explore the difference that wider yoga mats bring to the table.
- 5.0 out of 5.0 stars Pogamat Large Yoga Mat
- 4.5 out of 5.0 stars Extra Wide and Extra Long Deluxe Yoga Mat by Yoga Accessories
- 4.5 out of 5.0 stars BalanceFrom GoYoga 1/2-Inch Extra Thick Yoga Mat
- 4.5 out of 5.0 stars Gaiam Athletic Yoga Series dynaMAT Xtra-Large Mat
- 4.0 out of 5.0 stars Yoga Direct Extra Wide Yoga Mat
We know time is of the essence, so the above is a cheat sheet of what’s ahead, just in case your’re in a hurry. Otherwise, keep scrolling down for more detailed and constructive info on each item.
5 Highest Reviewed Extra-Large Yoga Mats
The ancient practice of yoga has become popular with people from all walks of life. In fact, nearly 21 million adults in the U.S. currently practice yoga.
Doctors and experts agree that yoga can ease back pain and aid in physical rehabilitation. New evidence suggests that it can also help with weight loss, mindfulness, and cardiovascular health.
People of all ages and all sizes can benefit from yoga. However, many individuals struggle to find a yoga mat that fits their needs. This is especially true for people who are taller than average and have a larger arm and span. It’s essential that people find a yoga mat that fits their body and their life. One they find a yoga mat that works well for them, they will be more likely to use it consistently and get better results.
Fortunately, manufacturers have addressed this need and are now offering yoga mats in larger sizes. To make finding the perfect yoga mat a little easier, here is a list of the five best wide yoga mats on the market today.
The Pogamat Large Yoga Mat is larger than most, at 7.5 feet long and 27 inches wide. But it’s most appealing feature is its unique two-sided surface, making this the best yoga mat at providing both comfort and security at the same time.
One side is made with a plush memory foam that measures 6.5 millimeters thick. The other side has a honeycomb pattern anti-slip pad that stops the mat from slipping on any surface. This solid black colored mat is environmentally friendly and made of non-toxic, synthetic materials.
- With it’s honeycomb textured side, this yoga mat can be used on all surfaces, including wood, glass, tile, carpet, and sand.
- This mat is twice as thick as the average yoga mat.
- The Pogamat Large Yoga Mat is both wider and longer than average.
- This mat may not be wide enough for the largest users.
Based purely on width, this is the best wide yoga mat on the market. This yoga mat is an enormous 36 inches wide, providing plenty of room for users to stretch out their arms and legs without touching the floor.
It is also a full seven feet, or 84 inches, long, which is long enough for even the tallest individuals. This mat is a comfortable 0.25 inches thick, which is standard for traditional yoga mats. This mat is a solid black color, and it is made without latex, rubber, or dangerous phthalates.
- This is the widest yoga mat on the list, coming in at an enormous 3ft, or 36 inches, wide.
- At seven feet long, or 84 inches, It is also the longest yoga mat on the market.
- The mat is 0.25 inch thick and has a non-skid surface for safety.
- This mat may be too large for some group settings.
This mat boasts of a double sided non-slip surface BalanceFrom GoYoga all-purpose mat comes with an excellent anti-slip resistant advantage to prevent injuries. It gives the user an exceptional resilience that allows them to keep their balance during any yoga exercise style.
The BalanceFrom GoYoga All-Purpose 1/2-Inch Extra Thick High Density Anti-Tear Exercise Yoga Mat is designed with a moisture resistant technology that makes it easy to wash with just soap and water.
Stands out from the rest of the yoga mats available in the market due to its easy strapping and lightweight feature that allows easy transportation.
- Measures 71 inches long by 24 inches wide to ensure comfort for people of all shapes and sizes
- Designed with a high foam material to provide high density to cushion the spine, hips, knees, and elbows on concrete floors
- Includes a free carrying strap
- 2-year warranty
- 1/2 inch extra thick
- Has an excellent non-slip traction and cushion
- Some people find it too thick for perfect yoga exercises
This yoga mat is one of the longest on the list, coming in at an impressive 78 inches. This makes it a great, affordable choice for individuals who are over 5’ 10” tall. However, the Gaiam Athletic Yoga Series dynaMAT Extra-Large Mat is unfortunately only 26 inches wide, which may not be wide enough for all users.
This fashionable yoga mat is reversible, with a soothing light gray on one side and a darker, tougher gray on the other. The mat also features a non-slip, textured surface that grips the floor securely. It is made of PVC and is free of the six most dangerous phthalates.
- This mat is 5mm thick, making it comfortable for floor work.
- This yoga mat is reversible, with two different shades of gray, and each side provide anti-slip texture.
- At 78 inches long, this mat fits taller athletes comfortably.
- Although it is long, this mat is only 26 inches wide, which may be insufficient for some users.
This large yoga mat comes in a bright blue color that looks great in any setting. It is a sturdy 72″ long, 36″ wide, and .25″ thick, which provides reasonable support and comfort. This mat is larger than the standard size but is not unwieldy.
It has one textured slide, which minimizes slipping, and it is the standard thickness that is found in professional yoga studios. This latex-free yoga mat is very affordable, and each mat is individually wrapped, so this choice may be the best option for supplying classes and large yoga groups.
- The cheerful blue color looks great and promotes optimism.
- This mat is affordable for all budgets.
- A non-slip texture keeps this mat from slipping or sliding on wooden floors.
- Although it is wider than standard versions, this mat is only 72 inches long
The best plus-sized yoga mat for any individual will vary depending on their unique, personal needs. While some older users may benefit from a thicker mat, taller users may care more about the length of the map.
When choosing the best wide yoga mat, individuals should ask themselves what features are most necessary for their success. All of these wide yoga mats will help make practicing yoga more comfortable and safe, so practitioners can fully reap its many benefits.