This is our official list in search of the best Dirt Devil hand vacuums on the market today. We have considered various needs in putting this selection together.
Highest Reviewed Handheld Vacuums by Dirt Devil
No matter who you are or who lives with you, chances are that your floors get dirty. From kids to pets to dinner party guests, dirty floors are inevitable. A hand vacuum is a great way to keep up with it all when you don’t have time to pull out a full-sized vacuum.
There are many brands of vacuums to choose from, but, since 1905, a Dirt Devil hand vacuum has consistently rated among the best for its quality and many features that meet the needs of quick, daily cleaning.
Whether you are wanting to clean up pet hair, crushed cereal, sand, or even pebbles and leaves, Dirt Devil has a hand vacuum that will suit your needs as well as your budget. Here are five of their best ones.
The Scorpion Quick Flip is a bagless vacuum with a powerful 7amp motor that’s able to pick up pebbles and sand from several inches away. The dirt is easily disposed by twisting a cap in the base to access the dirt collection cup and replaceable filter. An integrated, Quick Flip crevice tool lets you clean in tight spaces and then easily folds away.
Though it’s a little heavier than other Dirt Devil hand vacuums, it is small enough to store in a cabinet or drawer. Includes a 30-inch hose and dusting brush for more versatility, a 16’ power cord, shoulder strap, and a three-year warranty.
- Powerful 7amp motor to pick up heavier objects.
- Integrated, Quick Flip crevice tool for easy cleaning in tight places.
- Extra-long hose for easier reaching.
- A little heavier than other Dirt Devil vacuums, but still plenty light enough for most users.
The Ultra is a tough, little hand vacuum that packs a lot of power yet weighs less than three pounds. It has a motorized, belted, deep-cleaning brush that operates at 4amps. Two speeds allow you to control the suction power, although some users have commented that the higher speed can be a little loud and occasionally spits dirt out to the side.
A MicroFresh filtration system traps over 99% of dust and allergens in a convenient bag connected by an adapter. A 16’ power cord plus a built-in stretch hose gives you a wide-ranging cleaning radius. Includes a crevice tool, on-board tool storage for other Dirt Devil accessories, built-in bag adapter, and a three-year limited warranty.
- MicroFresh filtration traps 99% of dust and allergens.
- Two speeds let you vary the amount of suction power.
- Built-in stretch hose for hard-to-reach places.
- Might be a bit loud, especially if you have small children nearby.
Dirt Devil thoroughly addressed the problem of pet hair with their Purpose for Pets hand vacuum. With a 20-foot power cord, this vacuum has an amazing 7amp motor that powers a brushroll capable of picking up hair, kitty litter, and even pet food. A clean-air system with a motor guard and HEPA filter is guaranteed to trap 99.97% of the most common allergens it picks up, including pet dander.
Included accessories are a crevice tool, extension wand, dusting brush, a 24-inch flexible hose, and an upholstery tool specifically designed for pet hair. An easy-to-empty dirt collection cup replaces the need for bags. Has a two-year limited warranty.
- Powerful 7amp motor picks up stubborn pet hair plus litter and food.
- A HEPA filter helps to eliminate common allergens to protect your family’s health.
- Contains a five-piece accessory kit including a special upholstery tool.
- At 7.4 pounds, it might be a little heavy for some users.
Still packing a lot of power, the Hand Vac 2.0 is the second generation of Dirt Devil’s original hand vacuum. It has a 20-foot power cord to allow you to reach anywhere in a room without unplugging and a comfort grip handle with easy-to-reach buttons.
The brushroll has a high-speed, turbo air-driven motor working operating with 2 amps, which is plenty capable of picking up normal dirt and hair but might not handle large messes. It has a reusable, quick-rinse filter and a dirt collection cup that opens with the touch of a button for easy emptying. It’s very lightweight (only 2.8 lbs.) and comes with a one-year limited warranty.
- Has a quick-rinse filter that works as well as a HEPA filter.
- The dirt collection cup opens with the press of one button.
- Has a 20’ power cord for an extra-wide cleaning radius.
- Comes with no accessories.
The Dirt Devil Flipout is a great cordless vacuum suitable for light clean-ups around the house or in the car. A 16V lithium battery charges quickly and provides long-lasting, fade-free power.
It’s extremely lightweight, weighing only 2.2 pounds, which makes it easy for literally anyone to use. A compact design plus a handle that folds in four different positions allows for easy storage and use whether it’s on the floor, stairs, couch, or car.
Accessories included are a quick-flip crevice tool, an above-floor dusting tool, and a powered stair/upholstery tool; however, there is no integrated storage. A two-year limited warranty is also included.
- Operates with a 16V lithium battery so you’re not tethered to a wall outlet.
- The handle folds in four different positions so you can reach just about anywhere.
- Not uncomfortably loud.
- The accessories do not lock after being flipped out, making it difficult to use in tight spaces.
Final Say on Dirt Devil Hand Vacuums
Hand vacuums are the perfect solution for quick clean-ups around your home and car. If you are searching for a solid and reputable hand vacuum, give Dirt Devil top consideration. It does the job with great quality and efficiency. It’s lightweight and portable, has plenty of power to handle everyday messes, yet still small enough to store in a cabinet or mount on a wall. Its great accessories and long run-times make cleaning even simpler.
Plus, several of their vacuums have rugged filters that help clear allergens out of your upholstery or carpet, protecting the health of your family. Try a Dirt Devil hand vacuum and you’ll soon realize what a great appliance it is.