This is our official list in search of the best countertop dishwasher on the market today. Scroll further down for full details on each product.
5 Highest Reviewed Compact Countertop Dishwashers
For many years, washing the dishes was considered one of the most dreaded household chores. Fortunately, the public introduction – over a century ago – of the first available dishwasher made this task exponentially easier. Even better, models have greatly improved over the years including improved technology, streamlined designs, convenient features, and the introduction of the first countertop dishwasher.
The countertop dishwasher makes an excellent option for those living in apartments or another small space lacking a dishwasher, needing a portable option, or anyone wanting to spend less money. A countertop dishwasher is designed to save space, time, and even energy with some models.
Read on for a comparison of 5 of the top options for a countertop dishwasher along with their key features and pros and cons of each model.
The first option for the best countertop dishwasher is the STP Countertop Dishwasher. The durable, highly rated model features a stainless steel interior and spray arm. With 6 wash cycles – heavy, normal, light, glass, speed, and soak – along with a specially designed faucet adaptor (it is meant to fit any standard faucet that has a removable aerator) for easy and fast water connection, this model offers versatility along with effective dish cleaning.
With a height of only 17.24″, the sleek, compact design is built to fit under most cabinetry. Users also praise its barely audible noise level.
- Boasts the highest number of overall reviews on our list
- 3.8 gallon water consumption on average per cycle
- Automatic detergent and rinse agent dispenser
- Spacious cavity to hold up to six standard place settings
- None that stick out
Next on the list is the EdgeStar DWP61ES Countertop Dishwasher, a model designed to save energy while still thoroughly cleaning dishes. The machine, extremely easy to operate, features a LED display, six wash cycles, stainless steel interior, powerful spray arm, quick connect faucet adapter, and a delayed start mode.
With a built-in rinse agent dispenser to reduce water spotting and an internal water heater capable of reaching 149 degrees and heavy wash cycle to destroy germs and bacteria, this dishwasher is said to clean as well as full-size models. The machine also features a cutlery basket and cup shelf for increased organization.
- Claims to use 61% less energy than typical countertop dishwashers
- Low profile (just over 17 inches tall) is designed to fit under most cabinets
- Wastes minimal amounts of water
- Washes up to 6 standard place settings
- Most expensive model featured on the list
The Danby DDW611WLED Countertop Dishwasher is designed to save time, space, energy, and money. Featuring 6 wash cycles, LED display, electronic controls, and constructed to hold 6 place settings, this machine is a great option for getting dishes clean with less hassle. This model also features a quick connect design to easily attach to any standard kitchen tap.
The top reviews for the Danby praise its effectiveness, easy setup, clear and concise instructions, extra long cord, quiet noise level, and convenience.
- Energy star rated and designed to fit under most kitchen cabinets
- Consumes an average of 3.17 gallons of water per cycle
- Automatic detergent and rinse agent dispenser
- Durable stainless steel interior
- Some find the interface hard to learn
The Koldfront PDW60EW Countertop Dishwasher includes a dish rack, cup shelf, and cutlery basket for easy and efficient organization. The model also features a stainless steel interior, 6 different wash cycles – heavy, normal, light, glass, speed, and soak – as well as the capacity to clean 6 standard place settings.
Positive reviews for the Koldfront praise its efficiency, quiet noise level when in use, easy-open top, compact size, roll-out rack, stability, and drying capabilities.
- Offers a 1 year warranty on parts
- Compact design, just over 17 inches tall, allows it to fit comfortably under most kitchen cabinets
- Energy efficient
- Simple and quick faucet adapter
- Some users complain of lengthy wash cycles with the shortest cycle being 70 minutes
Finally, the list concludes with Magic Chef Countertop Dishwasher as one of the top options for the best countertop dishwasher. The Magic Chef features a 6 place setting capacity, cup rack, and cutlery basket for an organized interior. In addition, the model boasts hygienic residual drying that avoids the use of air outside the dishwasher.
The machine features a stainless steel interior and 5 wash cycle options that are easily adjusted with the easy-to-use electronic controls and digital display.
- Features a 1 year warranty on parts
- Anti-flood feature provides protection if water levels become too high
- Positive reviews praise the quick set up
- Automatic detergent and rinse aid dispenser
- Only offers 5 wash settings
All in all, if you find yourself in a situation where you are missing the convenience of a dishwasher but do not have enough space or a high enough budget to afford a standard size, consider one of the options above.