This is our official list of the best cordless tillers & cultivators on the market today
Highest Reviewed Cordless Tillers & Cultivators
Tilling the ground in preparation for planting has long been viewed as one of the most difficult, back-breaking chores in existence. Fortunately, the invention of the cordless tiller and cultivator made this task far easier and also faster.
Advantages of using a cordless cultivator and tiller include:
- No pull cord and no cords to trip over or get shredded
- No gas or oil to deal with
- No limitations from cords allows for increased portability
- Perfect for anyone unable to handle the labor-intensive process of using hand tools such as shovels, spades, or manual cultivators
Read on to learn more about the top five cordless tillers including key features and pros and cons of each.
An iconic name in the world of tools and equipment, the Black + Decker LGC120 Cordless Garden Cultivator and Tiller is ideal for cultivating garden and landscape beds, weeding, and preparing dry spots in the lawn for seeding. It easily and effectively breaks apart soil to help water and nutrients reach plant roots.
This tiller is run with a 20-volt MAX lithium-ion battery that offers a long-lasting lifespan capable of cultivating up to 325 square feet per charge. The included charger is powerful enough to charge a fully depleted battery in around 8 hours.
The machine also boasts convenient features such as a telescoping shaft that easily adjusts to the appropriate length, comfortable grips, an adjustable handle, and counter-oscillating tines that prevent weeds from getting tangled.
- Boasts the lowest price out of all the tillers listed
- Lightweight (only 8.1 pounds) design helps reduce arm fatigue during use and increase overall manageability
- Energy star rated
- Offers a 2-year limited warranty
- Some users suggest it only for smaller jobs
The Earthwise TC70020 20-Volt 7.5-Inch Cordless Electric Tiller and Cultivator id designed with a powerful cordless electric motor that boasts of 20 volts 2.0 Ah Lithium –iON battery. Also in the package is a fast charger to ensure a versatile cultivation and tilling of any garden size, yards, and flower beds.
The battery ensures zero carbon emissions for a cleaner and healthier ecosystem as you use it. Built with 4 durable steel tines that provide convenient deep cutting up to 7.5 inches wide and a depth of up to 6 inches.
Its lightweight tiller design allows effortless manageability as you operate it and during transportation. A perfect way to get rid of those weeds from your garden!
- Perfect for larger gardens since you don’t need to tag cords along
- Has plenty of power in its battery to get the job done
- It’s lightweight with a 9 lbs small electric rotor tiller
- Zero carbon emissions and noise-less
- The handle needs to be improved for a firm handling
The Mantis 7940 4-Cycle Gas Powered Cultivator, red gives you the perfect easy time as you till/cultivate your garden that you can’t get from most of the cultivators in the market. An Innovative cultivator that is lightweight; weighs 24 pounds only and ideal for cultivating all sorts of soil.
It comprises of a powerful 4-cycle engine made by Honda and easy to start with no carbon emissions since it only uses gas without any fuel mixing required. Also, it is easy to ferry to wherever you want to use it since it has perfect double-grip handles.
The curved tines will allow you to till your land up to a depth of 10 inches and any breakages are dealt with by the company since it comes with a lifetime guarantee.
- An upgrade of the best-selling Mantis Tiller 7920 with sure-grip handles
- The handles can be folded for convenient storage
- Comfortable sure-grip handles
- Lightweight for easy operation and management
- Might jump a bit if operating too fast
The Earthwise TC70040 11-Inch 40-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Electric Tiller/Cultivator, 4Ah Battery & Charger Included features 4 durable steel tines that provide convenient cutting. It boasts of digging width of up to 11 inches wide and 8 inches deep. Basically, it is a versatile cultivator that is perfect for any garden size, yard, or flower bed.
A machine that you can rely on for effective weeding and that has a flip-down rear wheels for easy management as you tend to your garden. The powerful cordless 40 Volt 4.0Ah Lithium-ion battery powered electric motor gives it the best run time.
Lightweight tiller design allows for an effortless operation, easy transport and storage. Powerful enough for plowing hard-packed ground with a depth of up to 8 inches and an adjustable with of 7-11 inches.
- It is Lightweight at 27 lbs
- Plenty of power to get the job done with a lot of versatility
- Noise-less, green, emission-less
- Perfect for larger gardens since you don’t need to tag cords along as you cultivate
- Some have to be fully charged to operate
- Some designs not suitable for people under 5.8”
The SCOTTS SYNC System S20710 Cordless Lithium-Ion Cultivator features an innovative charging station that enables the user to charge the battery directly on the tool or alone like on a traditional charger.
Featuring dual oscillating tines with a depth of 4 inches and a width of 7.5 inches, a comfortable, lightweight design, and an extendable shaft that accommodates varying user heights, the SCOTTS SYNC system cultivator allows work to get done faster and more effectively.
- Features a wall mounting charger that also serves as a convenient hanger for the tool
- Powerful 20V 2.0 Amp hour battery that users report allows for approximately 45 minutes to an hour of runtime
- Comfortable design weighs less than 8 pounds
- Includes an impressive 3-year warranty
- None that stick out
Final Say on Cordless Tillers
All in all, if working up the soil or managing weeds has become too difficult for you but you are unable to operate a full-size rototiller, consider one of the tiller options mentioned above. Let us know if you have ever tried a cordless tiller and if you have any additional brands you would recommend.