This is our official list of the best cordless hedge trimmers on the market today
Highest Reviewed Cordless Hedge Trimmers to Consider
Overgrown hedges reduce the aesthetic value of an estate. As a solution, many homeowners may opt for hedge trimmers. They are less tedious, unlike the oversized hand clippers. With a good brand in hand, trimming becomes easy and fast.
There are three kinds of hedge trimmers; gas powered, electric powered and cordless trimmers. Each offers different features and value. Gas trimmers have the horsepower to handle thick branches, however, they tend to be noisy and aren’t the best solution for small gardens. Electric motorized trimmers are all-rounded but their trailing cable repulses many users. Cordless hedge trimmers maintain power and are lightweight compared to the previous two.
When selecting a cordless hedge trimmer, one needs to consider the length of the blade, the width of the tooth gap as well as the price. Thicker hedges require a wide-tooth blade while smaller bushes and shrubs may need a small trimmer. The secret to a well-manicured garden lies in the model used. However, finding a good deal is at times strenuous. Here are five best cordless hedge trimmer brands one may consider buying. They feature quality at an affordable price.
1.) BLACK+DECKER LHT2436 Cordless Hedge Trimmer
The BLACK+DECKER LHT2436 Hedge Trimmer is known for its powerful 40V battery that offers enough power and run time. The battery is also powered by an energy star rated charger. Its dual-action blade is 24 inches with a 40-percent less vibration compared to the single action blades.
The blade gives a clean finish and cuts up to four-inch branches. Also inclusive is a front full wrap-around handle for a comfortable grip in all cutting orientations. The hardened-steel, rust-resistant blades remain sharp longer. LHT2436 solid lightweight design makes it easy to use. The trimmer can handle up to 6000sq feet once charged. The package comes with a two-year warranty.
- The dual-action blade offers less vibration.
- The soft grips offer comfort and a secure grip.
- The hedge trimmer quickly cuts branches of a maximum four-inch-thick.
- Comes with a two-year warranty.
- Only one battery is included
2.) DEWALT DCHT860M1 Lithium-Ion Hedge Trimmer
DEWALT DCHT860M1 Lithium-Ion Hedge Trimmer is designed for the most stubborn overgrowths. This powerful high-output hedge trimmer is armed with a friction clutch that provides protection to the transmission.
Its 40V Lithium-Ion battery has a state of charge indicator that enables one to check the amount of remaining charge. Its high-impact, short-resistant Xenoy case protects the machine both during operation and transportation.
DEWALT DCHT860M1’s wrap-around auxiliary handle offers a comfortable grip during trimming. Inclusive in its package is a charger, hard blade cover, and 40V MAX 4Ah Lithium-Ion Battery. Be sure for a precise cut and clean finish.
- It comes with a three-year limited warranty with a 30-days money-back guarantee.
- Its featured friction clutch offers protection and long-term durability.
- The blade’s guarded hooked-tooth is best for branches of about three-four branches thick.
- Its warp around support handle is super comfortable when cutting hedges.
- Quite expensive for the average user.
3.) Toro 51496 Cordless Lithium-Ion Hedge Trimmer
Toro’s 51496 Cordless Lithium-Ion Hedge Trimmer is a reliable tool that lives up to its potential. This amazing hedge trimmer boasts of three main features. Its twenty-four-inch dual-action blades give one an extended length to reach high places.
The 24V max lithium-ion battery is engineered to outlast the conventional nickel-cadmium battery. Toro 51496’s 90 degrees rotating handle gives one an easy trimming experience on those vertical bushes and hedges.
Its work grip handles are designed with the user’s comfort in mind. Furthermore, the hedge trimmer comes with a LED charge meter that helps in identifying when it is time to recharge. Overall this hedge cutter offers trimmers convenience.
- Comes with a two-year warranty in case of a defect with the product.
- Its 90-degrees rotating handle with a comfortable grip is perfect for vertical hedge trimming. It minimizes fatigue and improves comfort when trimming.
- Its featured LED charge meter helps determine the time needed to re-charge.
- Its 24v lithium-ion Battery charge faster and last longer.
- Not ideal for cutting thick branches.
4.) DEWALT DCHT820P1 Max Hedge Trimmer
The trimming power of a DEWALT DCHT820P1 Max Hedge Trimmer is what makes it a best cordless hedge trimmer. This trimmer makes fast, clean cuts on branches three to four-inch-thick with a twenty-two-inch blade.
It features a high output motor with laser-cut, steel hardened blades. The DCHT820P1 is solid with a featherweight of 7.5 pounds. This cordless hedge trimmer features a wrap-around support handle, that gives one a comfortable firm grip.
Its power switch includes a safety lock-off feature. Inclusive in its package is a standard charger and 20V MAX 5.0Ah Lithium-Ion Battery. Ultimately, this hedge trimmer is designed with optimum maneuverability and minimum stress on users’ arms.
- Comes with a three-year warranty in case of a malfunction or product defect during purchase.
- Compact and super light compared to other brands.
- Features a comfortable handle for a firm grip when trimming bushes and hedges.
- Features a removable gearcase that is excellent for blade changing.
- Its battery life is not as reliable as previous models of the same series.
5.) GreenWorks 22272 G-MAX Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmer
The GreenWorks 22272 G-MAX Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmer keeps your garden neat and tidy all year long. Its G-MAX 40V Li-Ion Battery System delivers fade-free power with zero memory loss after charging.
The steel 20-inch dual-action blade offers maximum durability and performance. Thanks to its five-eight inch cutting control capacity, users won’t need extra tools when trimming their bushes or hedges. For multiple trimming angles, it features a three multi-positioned head that extends the blade with an adjustable handle.
The spicy green G-MAX 20” 40V telescopic shaft adjusts to a maximum of six feet for extended reach. This hedge trimmer comes with a user manual and an external charger. Bottom-line, it is a quality selection at an affordable price.
- Comes with a four-year warranty.
- The machinery powers multiple tools for a complete garden system.
- Dependable battery life.
- Durable thanks to its steel form.
- Need for assemblage prior to use.
Final Say on Cordless Hedge Trimmers
Cordless hedge trimmers are the ideal choice for users who want their freedom while grooming their gardens. However, the solution to ones’ yard system remains in the brand they choose. By considering the listed choices, one is assured of performance all at an affordable cost.