This is our official list of the best bath bombs on the market today. Scroll further down for full details on each product and a quick guide to bath bombs and what they’re all about.
- HanZa 8 USA Made Bath Bombs Kit
- Art Naturals Organic & Natural Ingredients Bath Bombs
- Aromatherapy Bath Bombs by Oliver Rocket
- Bath Bombs with Moisture Resistant Bag Wrapped
- 12 Wholesale Bath Bombs from Enhance Me
We know time is of the essence, so the above is a cheat sheet of what’s ahead, just in case you’re in a hurry. Otherwise, keep scrolling down for more detailed and constructive info on each item.
5 Highest Reviewed Bath Bombs to Enhance Bathing
Bath bombs provide instant vibrance to your bathing experience. In addition to their aromatherapy and mood-boosting perks, they commonly contain moisturizing ingredients designed to leave your skin feeling smooth and nourished. They’re used to aid in the existing benefits of a hot bath: to soothe stress after a long day, to relieve stiff joints and sore muscles, and to help sinus and congestion issues.
Fizzy, fragrant balls that fit into the palm of your hand, bath bombs create a bubbly effect as they dissolve. Some are colorless and others create a bright pool of pinks, purples, or blues. Just fill your tub with water, drop in a bath bomb, and gently swirl it around to distribute it. Then sit back and relax.
What makes the best bath bombs? While scent, appearance, and price are all factors, it’s important to pay attention to the ingredients to ensure you’re being kind to your skin. Natural health practitioner Dr. Daniel Pompa notes the importance of reading labels in his article about choosing healthy bath bombs. “Remember, if you can’t pronounce it, I can almost guarantee that it is synthetic.”
The following is a collection of top-rated bath bombs that focus on natural ingredients, as well as ingredients to soften the skin and provide alluring aromas that aren’t too overwhelming.
1.) HanZa 8 USA Made Bath Bombs Kit
Handmade and all-natural, these 2.1 oz bombs are about the size of a standard golf ball. They come with eight individually wrapped bombs per pack – first wrapped in plastic, then in tissue paper and placed in a box. Each bomb is infused with organic shea butter and essential oils. Other ingredients include natural clays, coconut oil, organic sustainable palm oil, baking soda and citric acid.
Scents include Relax (lavender and vanilla), Heal (aloe and green cloves), Restore (palma rose and blue lavender), Pink (cotton candy, lemon and caramel), Balance (sage, cedarwood and coriander), Vitamin C (bergamot, tangerine and orange), Euphoria (wild rose, jasmine and sandalwood), and Clarity (eucalyptus, ginger, spearmint and peppermint).
- They have a robust smell for their smaller-than-average size
- The natural and familiar ingredients are a safe bet for people with sensitive skin
- Carefully packaged, they’re easy to preserve
- Unlike some bombs, these will only fizz for a short amount of time – think of a slow melt rather than a dramatic bubble show
2.) Art Naturals Organic & Natural Ingredients Bath Bombs
This six-pack of 4.1 oz bath bombs contains a set of Energize, Zen, Wellness, Strength, Yoga, and Cozy Night scents. They use natural clay combined with mineral salts (including Epsom and Dead Sea salts), shea and cocoa butter, sunflower seed oil, and baking soda.
Void of sugary and fruity scents, these bombs are designed to smell like soaps, mild perfumes, and essential oils. This means they might have a milder smell than other bombs, yet chances are they won’t overpower your bathroom or give you a headache. The Yoga, for instance, has a gentle lime fragrance, while the Zen gives off a clean cucumber scent.
SLSFree, a blog aimed at assessing the best in organic hair and skin products, rated Art Naturals as #1 in their “Guide to Organic Bath Bombs.”
- Beautiful packaging featuring an elegant box with the bombs placed among brown paper shavings
- Thoughtfully crafted to target specific ailments like muscle and joint pain, dry skin, psoriasis and eczema
- More impactful skin-softening effects than similar bombs
- The herb fragments in some of the bombs might be a little messy or clog certain types of drains
3.) Aromatherapy Bath Bombs by Oliver Rocket
Colorfully crafted, these handmade bombs are 4.6 oz each and come in packs of six. Scents include Lavender, Cucumber Melon, Moonlight Rose, Grapefruit Tangerine, Black Raspberry Vanilla, and Cool Water.
Each bomb is individually wrapped to preserve freshness and then placed in a pink gift box. Ingredients include kosher sea salt, shea butter, coconut oil, sunflower oil, fragrance oils. Citric acid and baking soda give the bombs their fizzy kick. The bombs provide an immersive experience: Moonlight Rose, for instance, will turn your bath water a bright blue while its rose petals float along the surface of the tub.
- They make for a colorful bath without leaving annoying residue in your tub
- The scents are inviting, clean and soothing
- You know exactly what you’re going to get and what’s in each, which is especially comforting those with skin allergies and sensitivities
- Not as dramatic of a fizzing power compared to other brands
4.) Bath Bombs with Moisture Resistant Bag Wrapped
These 4.5 oz bath bombs, comparable in size to a large tennis ball, come in packs of 10. The assortment you receive is a surprise: it may be an array of current top sellers or scents tied to holidays. Each is individually wrapped in a clear moisture-resistant bag.
You’ll find a label inside each with the name of the bomb and its individual ingredients. The bombs use all-natural ingredients, including shea butter. Most are infused with toppings like flower buds, flower petals, glitter, and sea salt. They give off a mild fizz as they dissolve in your tub.
- The scents are potent without being overwhelming
- Great value, considering the size and the quantity of the bombs
- The careful packaging preserves the scent and shape of each bomb
- Glitter is not for everyone, and can potentially leave your skin feeling a bit itchy
5.) 12 Wholesale Bath Bombs from Enhance Me
These bombs come in a double set with six in each, packaged in separate organza bags, which is great if you want to keep one and gift the other. Skin-nourishing shea butter is a key ingredient, acting as a natural source of vitamins A, E, and F.
Additional ingredients include fine bath salts, organic sustainable palm oil and essential oils. While they’re the smallest on this list at 1.9 oz each, they manage to pack a lot of punch for their size, releasing a clean aroma.
- Good concentration of butter and oils that will moisturize your skin without leaving it oily
- Will not stain your tub or leave a film behind
- The powerful yet gentle scents like lavender, “ocean breeze” and “tranquility” are great for stress reduction
- Since they aren’t individually wrapped within the bag, they need to be delicately handled, as they can easily knock against each other and break
While bath bomb preference is often about personal taste, practical factors like skin sensitivity should also come into play when choosing the best bath bombs for a gift or personal use.
Bold colors and dramatic sparkles or fizzles may add to the surface appeal of your bath bomb, but always remember to look deeper into the ingredients to ensure you’re giving your skin the loving care that it deserves. Happy bathing!