This is our official list in search of the best bagged canister vacuums on the market today. We have considered various needs in putting this selection together.
Highest Reviewed Bagged Canister Vacuums
If you’re going to buy a new vacuum, there are two main factors you need to consider before setting out to shop for one. The vacuums currently on the market today are either an upright or canister. You most likely need to consider which is better suited to your needs. The second main factor to consider is whether a bag less or bagged vacuum is better suited to your needs.
The Advantages of Canister Vacuums
Let’s begin by considering the advantages of the canister type vacuum. Since there are no limitations on the size of the engine, canister vacuums are generally more powerful than uprights. Being more powerful provides stronger suction and a better flow-rate making cleaning faster and easier.
Canister vacuums are more maneuverable than uprights. For example, cleaning stairs or places that are hard to reach such as under or behind furniture is easier with a canister since you don’t need to move the whole vacuum and only need to move the wand.
1.) BISSELL Zing Bagged Canister Vacuum
If what you want in a vacuum is powerful suction that does a good job cleaning any surface, easy maneuverability, loaded with features and a price that you can easily afford, the lightweight Bissel Zing canister vacuum is just what you are looking for. This best seller on Amazon is rated with 4.3 stars out of 5 stars.
- It only takes the flip of a switch for this vacuum to go from cleaning hard floors to carpet.
- The features which add to its convenience when using this vacuum include an automatic cord rewind, full bag indicator, telescoping wand and variable suction control.
- It is a great vacuum for cleaning on the go due to its lightweight and being compact.
- This vacuum doesn’t have an attachment for cleaning carpet or a beater bar.
2.) Dirt Devil Tattoo Crimson Bouquet Vacuum
The Fantasy Tattoo Canister may look small and cute, but don’t underestimate its power. Even though it is lightweight, it provides you with a powerful clean and a machine that is easy to use. This vacuum is especially suited to being used in first apartments or dorm rooms. Its accessories including a crevice tool and dusting brush provide everything you need to get the job done. This vacuum is rated with 4.3 stars out of 5 by Amazon customers.
The features that add to the convenience of using the Fantasy Tattoo Canister include a 20 foot cord, automatic cord rewind, extension wand, bag full indicator, 10 amps motor and 11 inch nozzle.
- Both primary and secondary filters are replaceable and rinseable and include a HEPA filter.
- Its reach above the floor is 11 feet providing the ability to vacuum stairs and under furniture as well.
- Weighing only 9.2 pounds and having a standard grip handle makes it easy to carry.
- Comes with a 1 year warranty.
- The canister bags are small and the small size would necessitate replacing them often.
3.) Advance Euroclean GD930 Bagged Canister Vacuum
According to Tru Tech Tools, of all the HEPA vacuum cleaners Euroclean machines are the choice of professionals. Their clever design is one of the most stable and rugged machines on the market today.
This vacuum model is what you need for large projects that require deep power suction, high capacity, a low noise level, cleaning that is super-extractive, great portability and light weight.
Features that add to the efficiency of this vacuum are a HEPA motor filter, 6 ft. hose, telescopic wand, combo floor nozzle, crevice tool and combo brush and small nozzle. High filtration dust bags and an air-driven beater bar are options available for purchase.
- Recommended for controlling and capturing lead dust by OSHA and HUD.
- The bags of this vacuum have a large, four gallon capacity that requires fewer bag replacements.
- The low noise level makes it a good vacuum for both residential and commercial use.
- A three year limited factory warranty for parts and a one year warranty for labor are included.
- The price is somewhat high. Unless it will last you for years, it is a lot to pay for a vacuum.
4.) Eureka Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum
Back in 1982, the Eureka Mighty Mite was introduced to accolades of fans. Time added to the enthusiasm by naming it to be one of the year’s best product designs. Thirty years have gone by, and the Mighty Mite is still surviving.
Weighing only nine pounds, it’s hard to believe that it is made of thick, hard plastic. Even though its hose and wand are thinner that those of years past, its feel is still very substantial.
- This vacuum is designed to be used on hardwood floors and short carpets. The suction of this vacuum had as good a performance as vacuums whose price was five times as much.
- The Mighty Mite’s bag system is rather simple, but it works well. Both installing and removing the bag are easy. By sealing shut for disposal, it prevents the release of dust into the air.
- You can vacuum hard to reach areas using the included dusting brush, crevice tool and upholstery nozzle.
The extra-long hose reach makes it possible to remove dirt from surfaces such as stairs or under furniture.
- This machine is not quiet since it makes a loud high-pitched whine when the motor is running.
5.) Electrolux JetMaxx Bagged Canister Vacuum
The Electrolux JetMaxx bagged canister vacuum is both a high speed and performance vacuum. This vacuum features two motors. One high speed motor is in the canister and the second is in its power nozzle.
The canister motor creates its main suction whereas the motor in the power nozzle provides deep cleaning of your carpet. This vacuum is rated with 3.9 stars out of 5 by Amazon customers.
This vacuum comes with a huge number of features that are designed to make this vacuum easy to use and maintain. For instance, there is an adjustment on the canister for high and low speed, the cord rewinds automatically, the power head is self-propelled, and adjustment to carpet height is automatic. This vacuum is rated with 4 out of 5 stars by Amazon customers.
- The setting for the brushroll off allows you to use the power nozzle on hard-surfaces such as tile or wood as well as on rugs and carpets.
- For great results on hard-surfaces, there is also a hard-surface floor brush with horse hair bristles.
- The dust containment of this vacuum is superior due to its HEPA filter and large S-Bag.
- The S-Bag is a bit smaller than other vacuums necessitating replacing the bag more often.
Final Say on Bagged Canister Vacuums
Although bagless vacuums have become popular over the past ten years, bagged vacuums do offer advantages that the bag less types do not. Let’s now consider whether a bagged vacuum is most suited to your needs by considering the advantages of bagged vacuums.
If you suffer from allergies, a bagged vacuum is most likely the best one for you. When emptying the bag less vacuum, the dirt and dust will fly out. The dust will certainly aggregate your allergies as it recirculates and floats in the air. On the other hand, the dirt and dust remains trapped in the bag of a bagged vacuum. This clearly a better vacuum for you.
You may think that bag less vacuums are more convenient. However, that simply is not the case. There is hidden work involved when using a bag less vacuum. Their filters need to be periodically replaced and/or cleaned and replacement filters are not easy to find. This type of vacuum also needs to be emptied more often than the bagged vacuum. Cheap replacement bags for a bagged vacuum are rather easy to find, and it is not necessary to replace them as often as it is to empty the bag less vacuum.