This is our official list of the best 10-piece stainless steel cookware sets on the market today. Scroll further down for full details on each product and to learn more about the benefits of stainless steel cooking.
5 Highest Reviewed 10-Piece Stainless Steel Cookware Sets
Stainless steel cookware sets are durable, easy to clean, nonreactive, dishwasher safe, and add a bright, shiny, modern look to your kitchen. Sets also usually represent a less expensive to buy cookware.
Look for lids that fit tightly to hold in moisture while cooking. Glass lids allow you to check the food without removing the lid. Handles should be riveted or welded in several places to prevent looseness. Welded metal handles are less likely to collect food residue and thus are easier to clean than riveted ones.
Also look for heat-resistant or oven-proof handles. Oven-proof ones can go from the refrigerator or freezer to your cooktop and then to your oven. The most versatile handles are metal and include removable rubber or plastic heat guards. Clad cookware, with a heat-conducting core of either aluminum or copper between two layers of stainless steel, eliminates problems with stainless steel’s poor heat conduction. Aluminum is the less expensive choice, but copper is the better heat conductor.
Stainless steel can be nonmagnetic and incompatible with induction cooktops. Stainless steel is an alloy composed of 18 percent chromium; either 0, 8, or 10 percent nickel; and other metals. The higher the percentage of nickel, the harder, the more durable, the more rust resistant, and the easier to clean the stainless steel is, and the higher the quality of the stainless steel.
However, the higher the percentage of nickel, the less magnetic the stainless steel is. Nevertheless, magnetic induction discs enable you to use any nonmagnetic cookware on induction cooktops. Simply place a disc between the induction cooktop and the nonmagnetic cookware.
Cuisinart’s 77-10 Chef’s Classic Stainless 10-Piece Cookware Set includes 1.5- and 3-quart saucepans, 8″ and 10″ skillets, a 3.5-quart sauté pan with a helper handle, an 8-quart stockpot, an 18 cm steamer insert, and glass lids for everything except the skillets and steamer.
Each contoured handle ensures a firm, balanced grip and is secured with two rivets. The handles of the pans are designed to stay cool, and the lids have wide, easy-grip handles that are arched to prevent burns from touching hot glass.
The tight-fitting glass lids lock in moisture, heat, texture, flavor, and nutrients. The base of each pan features an aluminum disc encapsulated between two layers of stainless steel for quick, even, heat distribution, and the rims of the pans are tapered for easy, no-drip pouring.
This Cuisinart set can go from the freezer storage to the electric, gas, ceramic, glass, or halogen cooktop. It also is dishwasher-safe and broiler- and oven-safe up to 550°F.
- Includes two saucepans, two skillets, a sauté pan with a helper handle, a stockpot, a steamer insert, and lids for everything except the skillets and steamer.
- Is dishwasher-safe and oven- and broiler-safe up to 550°F.
- Has tight-fitting glass lids that hold in moisture, heat, nutrients, flavor, and texture.
- Has an encapsulated disc of clad aluminum on the bottom of the pans rather than a layer of aluminum from the bottoms up to the rims.
The Cooks Standard 10 Piece Multi-Ply Clad Cookware Set includes 1.5- and 3-quart saucepans, an 11″ 4-quart sauté pan with a lid, an 8-quart stockpot with a lid, and a universal size steamer with a lid that fits both saucepans.
The pieces are constructed with an interior layer of 18-10 stainless steel, an aluminum core that extends across the bottoms and up to the rims, and an exterior layer of magnetic stainless steel that ensures compatibility with induction cooktops.
The stainless steel lids fit securely, holding in moisture and heat. The set is dishwasher-safe and oven-safe up to 500°F. All the handles are secured with two rivets. The air-flow technology, with openwork, bridge-like connections to the pans, allows cooling air to flow through the area where the handle would be above a cooktop’s heating element.
- Offers an aluminum core with an 18-10 stainless steel interior and a magnetic stainless steel interior for compatibility with induction cooktops.
- Features securely riveted handles with air-flow technology that helps keep them cooler.
- Includes secure fitting stainless steel lids that fit all pieces.
- Use of a magnetic stainless steel exterior suggests the exterior has little or no nickel which may decrease durability.
The Calphalon 10 Piece Tri-Ply Cookware Set features two layers of stainless steel with a heavy-gauge aluminum core that extends across the bottoms and up the sides of each piece. The set includes 1.5- and 2.5-quart saucepans; a 10″ omelet pan; a 3-quart sauté pan; a 5-quart Dutch oven; and clear, tempered glass lids for each piece.
The exteriors receive a polished finished while the nonreactive interiors receive a satin finish that is safe for any type of utensil. The brushed stainless steel handles are extra long to stay cool. The handles on the saucepans, the omelet pan, and the sauté pan have three rivets each while handles on the Dutch oven and the helper handle on the sauté pan have four rivets each.
This Calphalon set is oven- and broiler-safe, and compatible with ceramic, gas, halogen, electric, and induction cooktops. While it is also dishwasher-safe, hand washing is recommended to preserve the finishes.
- Offers a core of thick gauge aluminum that extends across the bottoms and up the sides.
- Features handles that are securely riveted with three to four rivets each.
- Is broiler- and oven-safe.
- Should be hand washed to preserve the look of the finish.
The All-Clad 401488R Stainless Steel Tri-Ply Bonded 10-Piece Set consists of two layers of stainless steel surrounding a thick core of aluminum that extends up to the rims. Made in the United States, the set includes 2- and 3-quart saucepans; 8″ and 10″ frying pans; a 3-quart sauté pan; an 8-quart stockpot; and flat, stainless steel lids for all but the frying pans.
The capacity of each pan is etched on the bottom for quick reference, and the nonreactive cooking surface has been highly polished and given a starburst finish that resists sticking. This set is compatible with induction cooktops, and is dishwasher safe. With contoured stainless steel handles securely fastened by two stainless steel rivets, this set, with the lids excluded, is oven- and broiler-safe up to 600°F.
- Includes two saucepans, two frying pans, a sauté pan, and a stockpot with lids for all but the frying pans.
- Is oven- and broiler-safe up to 600°F without the lids.
- Has an aluminum core that extends across the bottom and up the rims.
- Cannot be placed in the oven with the lids in place.
Secura’s Duxtop Whole-Clad Tri-Ply 10 Piece Stainless Steel Set includes 8″ and 10″ frying pans, 1.6- and 3-quart saucepans, a 3-quart sauté pot with a handle helper, a 6.5 quart saucepot, and lids for everything except the frying pans. The stay-cool, perfect-grip, stainless steel handles connect to the pans with two rivets.
The set is nonreactive, freezer-safe, oven-safe to 550°F, and can be used on electric plates; induction, electric, gas, radiant, ceramic, and halogen cooktops; and gas, electric, or halogen ovens. Although the set is dishwasher-safe, hand washing is recommended.
- Includes two frying pans, two saucepans, a sauté pot, and a saucepot with lids for all but the frying pans.
- Can be used with electric plates; most cooktops, including halogen and induction models; and gas, electric, and halogen ovens.
- Is freezer-safe and oven-safe to 550°F.
- Should be hand washed.
These stainless steel cookware sets offer collections of the workhorse pots and pans every kitchen should have. The aluminum cores offer value by providing quick and even heat distribution at an affordable price. All of the sets can go from the cooktop to the oven.
Most are compatible with all cooktops, including induction cooktops, and the addition of an induction disc makes the Cuisinart set compatible. Although hand washing is recommended for two sets, all are dishwasher-safe for quick cleanups. Any of these sets would be a good option for your kitchen.